ISI Open Water State Championship
ILLINOIS OPEN WATER CHAMPIONSHIP page LINK
ILLINOIS/WISCONSIN OPEN WATER CHAMPIONSHIPS page LINK
MEET SITE: Pleasant Prairie / Lake Andrea Beach 9900 Terwall Terrace Pleasant Prairie, WI 53158 Lake is West of the RecPlex Aquatic Center
PARTICIPATING LSC’S: Illinois & Wisconsin.
OPEN WATER COURSE: The open water event will be swum in Lake Andrea with all swims beginning and ending in the beach area. In-water start, in-water finish with a slapboard will be used. Map provided on last page. Ages and Genders may be swum combined under the discretion of meet management.
• The following distances will be swum by age group: 10 & Under: 1K 11-12: 2K 13-14: 3K Open: 3K
OPEN WATER EVENT SCHEDULE:
- Open Water Schedule for 3K
- 3:00 PM: Registration & CheckIn for 3K
- 3:00-4:00: Officials Meeting
- 3:45 – 4:00 PM: Mandatory Coaches Meeting
- 3:15-4:15 PM: WarmUp
- 4:15-4:30 PM: Participant Clinic/Pre-Race Meeting - MANDATORY
- 4:45 PM: First wave of 3K Begins
- 3K Awards will be presented once results are compiled.
- Open Water Schedule for Swimmers
Ages 11-12, 10&Un
- 4:00 PM: Registration & CheckIn for 2K & 1K
- 4:45-5:15 PM: WarmUp
- 5:15-5:30 PM: Participant Clinic/Pre-Race Meeting - MANDATORY
- 5:45 PM: Estimated First wave of 10&Un Begins
- 6:15 PM: Estimated first wave of 11-12 begins
WARM-UP: Warm-up and warm down area will be in designated beach area adjacent to the open water course. This area will be lifeguard supervised.
SAFETY PROCEDURES: The course will be patrolled by RecPlex lifeguard personnel and Village of Pleasant Prairie Fire/Rescue Water Safety Team.
- Membership: All athletes must be USA Swimming members.
- Swimmer’s Age: Age of swimmer on day of competition shall be the age for competition.
- Qualifying Time/Eligibility:
Qualification times shall be the National “BB” time in
- Open 3K: Minimum 15-16 “BB” Time in 400/500, 800/1000 or 1500/1650 Freestyle
- 13-14 3K: Minimum 13-14 “BB” Time in 400/500, 800/1000 or 1500/1650 Freestyle
- 11-12 2K: Minimum 11-12 “BB” Time in 200, 400/500, 800/1000, or 1500/1650 Freestyle
- 10&Under 1K: Minimum 10&Under “BB” Time in 200 or 400/500 Freestyle
ENTRY FEES: $25.00 per open water event $3.00 per swimmer Wisconsin Swimming Surcharge ($28 total) Make check payable to: Pleasant Prairie RecPlex
• Please make sure that fingernails and toenails are trimmed and all jewelry and watches are removed prior to the morning registration. Swimmers must be nail-checked before body marking.
• All swimmers must report to the start area before they swim with ID Card ready to swim. Failure to report could result in race disqualification.
• There will be no penalty for scratching, entry fees will not be refunded. Athletes must notify the Clerk of Course if they decide to scratch from their event after completing registration.
• No swimmer shall be allowed to use or wear any device that may be an aid to his/her speed.
• Each age group (and possibly gender) will start separately.
• Swimmers should be wearing a team cap with team name identified.
TIME LIMITS: All swimmers must finish within 20 minutes of the first swimmer in their heat. Swimmers still in the water after the deadline will be removed from the course.
ABANDONMENT: Where emergency conditions require a race to be halted before it is completed, the race shall be restarted at the earliest possible time. A Meet Committee will be convened if needed.
SCORING: Open Water events: 20, 17, 16, 15, 14, 13, 12, 11, 9, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 Each LSC will be scored separately and will recognize individual and team champions AWARDS: Individual awards: 1-8 place: medals with neck ribbons; 9-16 place: ribbons
SPECTATORS: Picnic tables will be available in viewing area. Spectators are welcome to bring their own lawn chairs and blankets.
ISI OPEN WATER TIME STANDARDS LINK
COURSE MAP - 2017 OPEN WATER STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS