ISI Age Group Championships (Qualifier)
Host Club - Cats Aquatic Club
LINK to Host Website
Locations - Village of Pleasant Prairie RecPlex - Pleasant Prairie, WI
Important Meet Information
- This meet follows all USA Swimming and current Illinois Swimming championship meet procedures.
- The qualification period for this meet is July 22, 2016 through the entry deadline (Monday, July 23, 2018).
- All Individual Events will be sum as prelims and finals with the exception of the following events: ALL 10 & Under events, 11-12 400 Free, 13-14 400 Free, 800 Free and 400 IM. Finals will be the top 20 athletes competing in Consolation Final (10) and Championship Final (10)
- All 11-12 and 13-14 relays will be conducted as timed finals with the fastest heat competing at the conclusion of the evening session. All other relays will compete at the the preliminary session, except the 13-14 800 Free Relay.
- There will be positive check-in for the 13-14 800 Freestyle. Entries for these events thatare not checked in prior to the appropriate deadline for that event or scratched will automatically be down-seeded.
- ISI Championship Meet Page
- Meet Packet
- Order of Events
- SCST Team Entry
- Psych Sheet
- Preliminary Timeline
- ISI Championship Time Standards
Facility - 10 Lane, 50 meter indoor competition pool. Permanent starting blocks (within the USA Swimming regulations). Water depth is 7 feet 6 inches at starting end. Non-turbulent lane lines. Colorado timing system. Full color 10 lane electronic timing display. Seating capacity for 650 spectators. The competition course has been certified in accordance with 104.2.2C(4) certification is on file with USA Swimming.
Meet Schedule -
Thursday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday Prelims
- Warm Up 6:45am
- Start 8:30am
Thursday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday Timed Finals
- Warm Up 12:45pm
- Start 1:45pm
Thursday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday Finals
- Warm Up 4:00pm
- Start 5:00pm
- All 10 & under individual events will be conducted as timed final events.
- All 11-12 individual events except the 400 Free are preliminary/final events with consolation and championship final heats. The 400 Free is a timed final event with the fastest seeded heat swum in the finals session. All remaining heats of the 400 Free will be swum slowest to fastest in the morning preliminary session.
- All 13-14 individual events except the 400 Free, 800 Free, and 400 IM are preliminary/final events with consolation and championship final heats. The 400 Free, 800 Free, and 400 IM are timed final events. The fastest seeded heat of the 400 Free and 400 IM will swim in the finals session. All remaining heats of the 400 Free and 400 IM will be swum slowest to fastest in the morning preliminary session.
- The fastest seeded heat of the Girls & Boys 800 Free will swim in the finals session. All remaining heats of the 800 will swim at the conclusion of Sunday’s preliminary session: the second fastest seeded girl’s heat will swim first and second fastest seeded men’s heat will swim second. The third fastest seeded girl’s heat will swim third; the third fastest seeded boy’s heat will swim fourth, continuing in this fashion until all heats are swum. A 30-minute warm-up period will precede the first heat. Swimmers must provide their own timer and counter.
- Finals will be the top 20 athletes competing in Consolation Final (10) and Championship Final (10). Swimmers in the Championship Finals must report to the ready room area and check in with the ready room official prior to the start of the Championship Final of the previous event. Consolation Finalists must report to the Deck Referee behind the starting blocks prior to the Championship final of the final heat.
Distance Bonus Events:
- 13-14 Swimmers with a 1500/1650 Free qualifying time may enter the 800 Free event. Swimmers must enter at the Short Course Yards (SCY) non-conforming qualifying time.
- All 11-12 and 13-14 relay events will be conducted as timed final events with the fastest seeded heat swum in the evening session. All remaining heats will swim at the conclusion of that day’s preliminary session with the exception of the 13-14 800 Free Relay. There will be a 30-minute warm up break at the conclusion of prelims prior to the first heat of the relays on Day 3 and Day 4. All 10&U relays will be conducted at the start of each 10&U session.
- The Don Drumm Award will be presented to the overall team champion. Additionally, team awards will be given to the top three combined teams.
- Top Three individual high point awards will be awarded to female and male swimmers in each age group category; 10 and Under, 11/12, 13/14
- Awards will be given to the top 10 finishers in individual events
- Awards will be given to the top three finishers in relay events.
Timers - Each team with swimmers in the meet may be asked to provide timers. A list of lane assignments for each team will be posted at least 48 hours prior to the meet. Swimmers in the 800 Free must provide their own timer and counter.