Volunteers: HOME MEET vs. Lucas Valley Lightning
(this is a team hosted event)
INFORMATION FOR LIGHTNING (at bottom of the page)
INFORMATION FOR ROLLING HILLS STINGRAYS (directly below)
The morning of the meet, all swimmers need to check-in with Swimmer Check-In located near the entrance to the pool. Look out for Stingrays volunteers in blue Stingray jackets at our check-in desk.
At the Swimmer Check-In desk, swimmers age 10 and under will have their events, heats and lane numbers written on their hand with permanent marker for easy reference. With this marking on his or her hand, if a child gets separated from a parent, anyone he or she asks for help can get them to the right place at the right time.
We recommend that swimmers of all ages write their events on their hand. For example: Freestyle, Heat 2, Lane 3 would be written FR-H2-L3.
Parents with job assignments should report to the Volunteer Check-In desk no later than 7:30 a.m., even if you have a second half job. The Volunteer Check-In desk will be located next to Swimmer Check-In located by the entrance to the pool. WE ARE ALWAYS INTERESTED IN AND WILL ALWAYS NEED ADDITIONAL HELP with jobs. Please consider donating a job beyond the number of jobs required.
How should my swimmer prepare for the meet?
Coach Richard will be talking with swimmers at practice to prepare for the meet. Here are few helpful tips:
- Go to bed on time and get plenty of rest the night before a meet.
- Drink lots of fluids prior to the day of the meet and at the meet, avoiding drinks and food loaded with sugar and caffeine (e.g..,sports drinks, energy drinks, soda, donuts).
- Wake up early enough on meet day to eat some breakfast (eggs, oatmeal, cream of wheat, granola, cereal, bagel or toast).
What should we bring to the swim meet?
- Waterproof sunscreen with a high SPF (applied in advance and throughout the day)
- At least two towels per swimmer
- Stingrays cap and goggles (plus and extra cap and goggles)
- Warm clothes (sweats, socks, shoes, Did you order a Stingrays warm up suit yet?)
Some kids like to bring a sleeping bag to warm-up in but a blanket works as well
- Shady hat
- Pen or permanent marker
- Healthy snacks or money for snacks; water bottle (refill often)
- A positive attitude
- LOTS of TEAM SPIRIT
INFORMATION FOR LIGHTNING
On behalf of Coach Richard Nicholls and the Stingrays, we are looking forward to hosting the Lightning at Rolling Hills Club this Saturday, June 16th, 2018. We anticipate a very exciting and fun dual meet!
We would appreciate it if you could pass on the following information about Saturday’s swim meet to your team members:
- Guest team warm-ups at 8:00 a.m.
- Meet starts at 8:30 a.m.
- Officials meeting is at 8:15 a.m.
- Head Timer is Patrick Pack; he will meet with all lane timers at 8:15 a.m. on the stairs next to the playground area
- Five lane pool, requiring 7 timers from the guest team
- During the relays, 8 and unders swimming the second and fourth legs will start their leg standing in the pool (due to the shallowness of the pool)
- Snack Bar opens at 7:30 am
- Guest parking is on the street; parking lot is reserved for club members
- Guest seating area, which will be posted, is around the center landscaping area and the area around the family spa
- Restrooms are located across from café and next to playground area
- Changing rooms / outdoor showers are next to playground area
- Locker rooms and hallways are for club members only
- Deep end of pool, family spa and baby pool are all closed until end of meet
Ryan Sapp - Stingrays, President