2018 Central Zone Sectionals (Qualifier)
Host Club - Iowa Flyers Swim Club
LINK to Host Website
Location - University of Iowa Campus Recreation and Wellness Center, 309 Sout Madison St, Iowa City, IA 52242
Facility - The competition pool is an 8-lane, 50-meter x 25-yard indoor pool ranging from 7 feet to 9 feet deep, with an 8 foot start-end depth and 7 foot turn-end depth. Lanes are 9 feet wide with 6-inch Kiefer Wave Eater Lane Lines and Kiefer Elite Starting Platforms. Daktronics timing system and display will be used. A separate eight-lane 25-yard facility (diving well) and a separate three-lane 20-yard facility (leisure pool) will be available for warmup and cooldown (Thursday-Sunday). The competition course has been certified in accordance with 104.2.2C(4). The copy of such certification is on file with USA Swimming.
Meet Schedule -
Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday Prelims
- Warm Up 7:00am
- Start 9:00am
Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday Finals
- Warm Up 4:30pm
- Start 6:00pm
- This meet is a prelim/final meet. 32 athletes will advance to the finals in individual events 400m or less with the “D” final heat reserved for the fastest remaining 18 & Under athletes. The top eight 18 & Under swimmers who do not qualify for the Bonus (“C” final), Consolation (“B” final), or Championship (“A” final) heats will advance to the “D” final. If there are not enough 18 & Under swimmers to fill the “D” final in an event, the heat will be filled with the next fastest 19 & Over swimmers who do not qualify for the Bonus, Consolation, or Championship heats. Each event during finals will consist of a “D” final, Bonus, Consolation, and Championship Final heat except for the 800m and 1500m Freestyles and all relays. These events will be conducted as timed final events. Prelims heats of events will be conducted using flyover starts.
- THURSDAY: The 800 Freestyle will be deck seeded with a positive check-in deadline 15 minutes after the conclusion of the General Meeting on Wednesday night. The fastest heat of women and men will be seeded into the finals; all other heats will be swum during the Thursday prelim session fastest to slowest alternating heats of women/men. Athletes must provide their own lap counter.
- FRIDAY: The 400 Freestyle Relays will be timed final events swum slowest to fastest with the fastest two heats of women and men seeded into finals. All other heats will be swum during the Friday prelim session. Positive check-in is required by 6:30pm Thursday.
- SATURDAY: The 800 Freestyle Relays will be timed final events with the fastest heat of women and men seeded into finals. All other heats will be swum during the Saturday prelim session, fastest to slowest alternating heats of women/men. Positive check-in is required by 6:30pm Friday.
- SUNDAY: The 1500 Freestyle will be deck seeded with a positive check-in by 6:30pm Saturday. The fastest heat of women and men will be seeded into finals. All other heats will be swum after prelims (following the 400 Medley Relays) fastest to slowest alternating heats of women/men. Athletes must provide their own lap counter. The 400 Medley Relays will be timed final events swum slowest to fastest with the fastest two heats of women
Positive Check-In - Positive check-in is required for the 800m and 1500m Freestyle and all relays.
Qualifying - The qualifying period is July 1, 2016 through the entry deadline. Qualifying time standards are included in this packet (see pgs. 5-6). Entry times will be accepted in Long Course Meters, Short Course Meters, or Short Course Yards, and all events will be seeded in that order.
- Individual: Top 8 Awarded (medals), Top 3 places presented via awards ceremony. Places 4-8 distributed to athlete/team.
- Relays: Top 3 Awarded (medals), Top 3 places presented via awards ceremony.
- Team: Top 3 Women’s teams, Top 3 Men’s teams, Top 3 Combined Teams awarded (plaques).
Time Trials - Time permitting, time trials will be offered each day 15 minutes after the completion of the preliminary session for athletes already registered in the Speedo Sectionals at Iowa City, IA meet. The entry fee is $12.50 per individual event and $25.00 for relays. Time trials sign up will occur from 8am-10am each day. Athletes must provide their own lane timer and lap counter for all time trial events. The 800 Freestyle and 1500 Freestyle Time Trial events may be swum in the open lanes of the Timed Final heats based on the number of time trial requests and at the discretion of the meet referee. All swimmers, including relay-only swimmers, are limited to two time trial events during the meet. Time trials sessions will be limited to 60 minutes.
TIME TRIAL SCHEDULE (Time Permitting)
Order of Events
- Thursday afternoon following 800 Freestyle Thursday events/Friday events/Saturday events/Sunday events
- *800 Freestyle time trials Thursday afternoon only (time permitting and may be merged into open lanes of existing event)
- Friday afternoon following 400 Freestyle Relay Friday events/Saturday events/Sunday events/Thursday events
- Saturday afternoon following 800 Freestyle Relay Saturday events/Sunday events/Thursday events/Friday events
- Sunday afternoon following 1500 Freestyle Sunday events/Thursday events/Friday events/Saturday events
- *1500 Freestyle time trials Sunday afternoon only (time permitting and may be merged into open lanes of existing event)
Parking - Parking is available in the following locations -
- University Recreation Center Lot/Lot 11 (spaces limited M-F from 8am-4:30pm), 1 block southeast of CRWC; $5 per entry special event rate parking is available in this lot.
- University Library Lot, 1 block north of CRWC;
- Court Street Transportation Center, 4 blocks east of CRWC on Court St;
- Old Capitol Center Garage, 2 blocks east of CRWC on Burlington St;
- Follow this link for more information: www.iflyswimclub.com