Away Meet at Mexico YMCA Marlins
Mexico YMCA Long Course Meet. This is an Olympic size pool and a great meet to attend and experience
Warm-up: 7:00am Meet Start: 8am
For the Manta Rays Summer Swim Team Levels 2, 3, 4. (Level 1 only with Coach Approval)
50 meter outdoor pool
Location: (about 1.5 hour drive from
1200 Adams Street, Mexico, MO 65265
note: (not at the Mexico, MO YMCA)
Events: 6 individual
Awards: Medals for 1st-3rd, Ribbons 4-6th (in each age group); team trophies
Cost: this meet requires a payment to attend and it is based on how many events you swim. The fee is $7 to enter the meet and $4.50 for each event you swim. The fee for swimming the maxium 6 events would be $34 but you don't have to sign up for that many events. The credit card you have on file with the YMCA front desk will be debited for the amount you owe.
Link to meet details: Meet Packet
Link to meet event list: http://mexicoymcamidmomarlins.com/hosted-meets/
1. Bring a black fine tip Sharpie marker to write events on swimmers's arm. (Event cards will not be used)
2. Bullpen will only be used for ages 8 and under
3. Heats may be mixed gender and mixed ages to speed up the meet
4. Your swimmer's seed times may not be actual times; they may be times that are converted from other events such as short course yard or meter races your swimmer has a time in
5. Once the registration deadline has passed you will have to pay the fee even if your swimmer doesn't swim.
6. Heat Sheets will be sold for $3 per session, concession stand will be open.
7. Outdoor pool with no shade: bring sunscreen, hats, towels and water bottle
8. Meet is an invitational meet with about 12 teams attending. This is a USA Swim meet and dual swimmers (USA/Summer at same time) can use these times to qualify for Long Course Champs meet.
9. This meet counts as one of the 3 meets needed to qualify to swim in the All County Champs meet.
10. You don't have to stay for the entire meet, you can leave when your swimmer's events are done and your timer assignment is done.
11. Parents will be asked to fill "timer" jobs during a portion of the meet. Lane assignments will be determined at the meet during warm-ups (stop watches are provided); ask to work before your swimmer's events are done.
- Mexico Long Course Meet Info
- SCCY at Mexico 2018 Team entries by swimmer.pdf
- SCCY at Mexico 2018 Team entries by event.pdf
- Psych Sheet
- Warm-Up Lane Asignments
- Timer Lane Assignments