All-Star 14 & Under MID-STATE Championships
Erie, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota and Wisconsin
Age Groups: 10un, 11-12, 13-14
Dates: Jan 8-9, 2022
Deadline to apply: Monday Dec 13th - parents must apply on their own through the website below, DR team does not handle entries (times from meets on weekend prior to the deadline will be included in the selection process)
Location: Indianapolis (IN) - IUPUI Natatorium 901 W. New York Street, Indianapolis, IN
About the Meet: This is an All-Star Meet and swimmers are selected to represent TEAM OHIO. The fastest four swimmers from those applying by the deadline in each individual event (for each gender and age group) are selected. You will have the opportunity to accept or decline if you are selected for the team, but the deadline is not change. This meet is for 14 & Under swimmers only, including 14 & under HS athletes that have not yet represented their HS in competition.
How to Qualify:
The six teams are: Ohio (Ohio Swimming combined with Lake Erie Swimming), Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota and Wisconsin. Swimmers that feel they may be one of the fastest 4 swimmers in Ohio are encouraged to apply for the team. No times standards are required to apply for the team. Time standards for previous team selections for each age group are posted here for reference.
The fastest four (4) swimmers in each event (except the 1650  ) from those applications received by the deadline will be selected. Be sure to enter all of your best times since Sep 1st of the current season in your entry for consideration for additional events in case they have not been filled. All swimmers shall submit their best 50 freestyle time for relay considerations, even if the swimmer is not likely to be selected for the individual event.
Ohio All-Star Application Website - Apply here when applications are available early December
Official Meet Packet from Indiana host (parents do not use this other than for information only)
Deadlines and dates for the team selection process (see current timeline on Ohio homepage):
- TBD - applications are due via the Team Unify website
- TBD - deadline for updated times
- TBD – Confirmation of all accepted applicant times
- TBD - notification of selection to the team
- TBD - deadline for acceptance and payment via Team Unify
- ASAP - notification of alternates to fill out complete roster
Special Note to Raider Families: You can always cancel your intent for the All-Star meet (if selected) until the acceptance deadline and not pay. Talk with your coaches about options if you have questions.
Meet Homepage - Livestream Available
Event Host: INDIANA SWIMMING website
Selection notes: In the event that a swimmer qualifies for more events that permissible by the meet rules, the following criteria will be considered for selection of the next applicant:
- Relative strength of events for swimmer exceeding the entry limit
- Differential between next fastest applicant and the swimmer exceeding the event limit
- Strength of the next fastest applicant relative to national time standards and previous year's meet results
- Event distribution for the swimmer exceeding the entry limitation