2015-2016 USC Swim Club Registration
- 8/17/15 - 12/31/15
- 8/17/15 - 12/31/15
- 15 Members.
Upper St. Clair Swim Club ELECTRONIC REGISTRATION / 2015-2016 Swim Season
Welcome to the Upper St. Clair Swim Club Electronic Registration for the 2015-2016 swim season. We are currently accepting returning members (click here for a list of group assignments for returning swimmers) and new members based on a coach-conducted evaluation (click here for a new swimmer evaluation schedule). For your convenience, you may reference the Club's current practice schedule for the upcoming season (click here).
We are pleased to offer you the ease of electronic payment processing and registration. The process is simple for both new and returning members. Using your individualized password, you'll gain access to your private account that will enable you to easily declare for swim meets, sign-up for volunteer requirements, see your children's swim time histories, maintain your contact information, review billing information, and much more!
The coaches and Board of Upper St. Clair Swim Club look forward to your enthusiastic participation and are ready for another great season! See below for fee information.
Information follows regarding the 2015-2016 swim season fees:
1) Club Annual Dues - Dues are established by Swim Group including PreCompetitive, Novice, Age Group 1, Age Group 2, Junior, Senior, Senior Short Course Only (available for swimmers entering the 12th grade only) and Alumni. New swimmers must be evaluated by our coaching staff for Club participation and group placement. A multi-swimmer discount per family applies to all full season groups, Novice through Senior, excluding the following groups: PreCompetitive, Senior Short Course Only and Alumni. Dues are paid by credit or debit card and can be 1) paid in full at the time of registration or 2) 50% paid at registration, followed by two scheduled monthly installments of 25% and 25%, respectively, using the Deferred Payment Plan. The Deferred Payment Plan option includes a surcharge of $25 per swimmer, which has been added to the respective dues schedules. The Deferred Payment Plan is not available for Alumni registration. Dues are non-refundable after a two-week swimmer trial period. Dues include participation in all practices and dryland/strength training sessions, as applicable. As the season progresses, the Upper St. Clair Swim Club Board may reduce dues on a pro-rata basis.
2) AMS/USA Swimming Athlete Registration Fee - The required Allegheny Mountain Swimming (AMS)/USA Swimming Athlete Registration Fee of $72 per swimmer provides many benefits and swimming-related portals, as well as excess accident and liability coverage immediately upon registration with AMS (which is done by the Club) and through December 31, 2016. This fee is non-refundable and is due at the time of registration.
3) Administrative Registration Fee - The Administrative Registration Fee of $50 per family provides members with online availability to all aspects of USC Swim Club through TeamUnify. This fee is non-refundable and is due at the time of registration.
4) Team T-Shirt Fee - A $20 Team T-Shirt Fee per swimmer is due at registration for two (2) Club designed t-shirts for the following groups: PreCompetitive, Novice, Age Group 1, Age Group 2, Junior, Senior and Senior Short Course Only. The t-shirts are required to be worn during all meets. EFFECTIVE 9/15/2015: TEAM T-SHIRTS WILL NOT BE CHARGED AT REGISTRATION AS THE CLUB'S BULK ORDER HAS BEEN MADE WITH THE VENDOR. YOU WILL BE NOTIFIED HOW TO ORDER THE T-SHIRTS ONLINE BY A BOARD MEMBER.
5) Swim Caps - Team swim caps are available to be purchased through the registration process for a $30 fee for one set (quantity=2). The black silicone USC Swim Club team swim caps are personalized by the swimmer's last name. Team swim caps are a part of the Club's approved apparel and are required for each swimmer. Therefore, the caps are required for new swimmers and recommended for returning swimmers who need to replenish their cap inventory. Please note that quantity will represent a set of two caps (i.e. a quantity of "1" will be the purchase of "2" caps). EFFECTIVE 9/15/2015: PERSONALIZED SWIM CAPS PURCHASED AFTER THIS DATE WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE SECOND BULK ORDER LATER IN THE FALL.
6) Fundraising - Last year, the Board decided to run a USA Swimming-sponsored swim-a-thon as a major fundraiser to help cover the Club's operating costs. This was done in lieu of significant increases to the Club Registration Fees for three reasons: 1) given the Club's charitable status, all donations are tax deductible and therefore members could benefit from a tax deduction that would not be available if the funding was derived by increased Club Registration Fees; 2) it provides members the ability to have their swimmer solicit family and friends to donate to the Club on the member's behalf; and 3) most importantly, it is a fun event for the swimmers.
The Board has determined to continue to provide this tax/donation benefit to the members and hold this fun event for the swimmers. Similar to last year, each family will be required to raise a minimum of $250 which can include outside donations. The TeamUnify website will be utilized to track and collect donations. Members not meeting the $250 per family minimum will be billed the shortfall through your Club account. Members with swimmers in the PreCompetitive and/or Alumni groups only, will not be required to meet this commitment.
7) Volunteer Hours - Each member family will be required to provide eight (8) hours of volunteer time at a Club-sponsored fundraiser such as a Club-sponsored swim meet, through assistance with the Wahoo's summer league swim meets, or helping with the Learn-to-Swim lesson program. Members who do not fulfill the required eight (8) hours of volunteer time will be billed $25 for each volunteer hour not fulfilled on August 1, 2016. Additional information will be provided by the Board regarding these and other volunteer opportunies throughout the year. Members with swimmers in the PreCompetitive and/or Alumni groups only, will not be required to meet this commitment.
8) Meet Fees, Equipment, Fundraising Fee, Volunteer Fee, Clothing, and Other Expenses - Fees for ongoing expenses will be invoiced on the first day of each month through your Club account when charges are incurred by the member family.
Click here for a document (pdf file) listing the 2015-2016 registration dues per group and other fees per swimmer or per family.