Competitive Programs Registration 2016-17
- 8/2/16 - 5/31/17
- 8/2/16 - 5/31/17
Welcome to the Nu Wave Swim Club Registration for our 2016-17 competitive programs: Technique & Fitness and High Performance groups. We are happy to have you and your swimmer(s) as a part of our swim team. We are pleased to offer electronic payment processing and registration. You will have access to your own private account that will enable you to declare your committment for swim meets and volunteer positions, see your children's swim times history, update your contact information, review your billing summary, and more. When completing the emergency contact information, please list the person and number you wish to be contacted first in the event of an emergency. We require families to read the Nu Wave Handbook before registration.
ALL NEW SWIMMERS MUST CONTACT HEAD COACH ROSS HEDRICK PRIOR TO REGISTRATION!
CONTACT INFO: ROSSH@NUWAVESWIM.COM, 719-649-1606
Things to Know
- Fees for Nu Wave competitive swimmers include three components: a non-refundable registration fee, annual (or monthly) dues, and a minimum Swim-a-thon fundraising obligation. In addition, depending on a swimmer's activities, there may also be certain merchandise, meet, and travel cost or fees.
- A non-refundable $275.00 annual registration fee is required for all year competitive program members: Riptide, Whitecaps, Varsity, Tidal Wave, Cyclone, Tsunami, Senior, and National. This fee includes USS registration, swim cap, team shirt, and certain fixed costs incurred by the team in handling a swimmer. Annual registration fees must be paid upon registration.
- Nu Wave is a year round swim club committed to paying coaches and pool rental 12 months of the year. Therefore, dues are based on a twelve month contract for High Performance Groups (Tidal Wave, Cyclone, Tsunami, Senior and National).
- Whitecaps and Varsity have semester 1, semester 2 and summer schedule; registration for summer will be completed on Event Registrations in the spring.
- Our fiscal year is September 1- August 31.
- All returning swimmers need to complete registration by September 3.
- New swimmers to the program are allowed a two week trial period.
- There are no annual payment refunds for withdrawal from the team after November 1, 2016.
- For most of our groups, there is an annual payment plan or monthly payment plan. For those swimmers who are able, we encourage payment of dues annually.
HIGH PERFORMANCE PROGRAMS Annual Dues
Tidal Wave $1000 Annual payment due at Registration
Cyclone $1,100 Annual payment due at Registration
Tsunami $1,250 Annual payment due at Registration
Senior $1,375 Annual payment due at Registration
National $1,500 Annual payment due at Registration
HIGH PERFORMANCE GROUPS Monthly Dues
If you instead opt for the monthly payment option, the first monthly dues will be paid at Registration and thereafter on the first of each month from October 1 through June 1 (a total of 10 monthly payments).
Tidal Wave $ 115 per month
Cyclone $126 per month
Tsunami $143 per month
Senior $158 per month
National $172 per month
HIGH PERFORMANCE GROUPS' Fundraising
Each year Nu Wave host its annual fundraiser, USA Swimming Foundation Swim-a-thon, a fun and easy way to collect the much needed funds for our organization. The goal is for swimmers in the HIGH PERFORMANCE GROUPS (Tidal Wave, Cyclone, Tsunami, Senior and National) to raise at least $300 through pledges with a family maximum of $500. Swimmers will be assessed up to a $300 or a family maximum of $500 if they fail to meet their fundraising goal. Donations are tax deductible. For more information about swim-a-thon visit www.usaswimming.org.
TECHNIQUE & FITNESS Dues
Riptide (August 15- May 26) $800 Annual payment due at Registration or 9 monthly payments of $102
Riptide Plus (Aug 15- July 28) $975 Annual payment due at Registration or 10 monthly payments of $112
Whitecaps (August 16-May 26) $800 Annual payment due at Registration
Whitecaps (Semester 1- Aug. 16- Nov 30) One payment of $400 due at Registration
Whitecaps (Semester 2- Dec 1 -May 26) One payment of $450 due at Registration
Whitecaps (Summer- May 30- July 28) One payment of $175 due at Registration
Varsity (August 15-May 26) $875 Annual payment due at Registration
Varsity (Semester 1- Aug. 15-Nov 30) One payment of $425 due at Registration
Varsity (Semester 2- Dec 1-May 26) One payment of $500 due at Registration
Varsity (Summer - May 30- July 28) One payment of $200 due at Registration
TECHNIQUE & FITNESS Fundraising
The goal of Riptide and Riptide Plus is to raise at least $200 through pledges. Swimmers will be assessed up to $200 or a family maximum of $500 if they fail to meet their fundraising goal. There is no swim-a-thon fundraising for Whitecaps and Varsity swimmers.