2018 Western Zone Application
Open for Returning Members
5/14/18 - 6/18/18
Open for New Members
5/14/18 - 6/18/18
YOU ARE APPLYING FOR THE 2018 WESTERN ZONE CHAMPIONSHIPS.
Please register when you have time to carefully read an fill out each section of the application. ALL fields are required whether they say so or not. Your athletes application will not be processed if it is incomplete. Specific attention needs to be paid to the following:
1. Use proper capitalization throughout the application. Please do not use all caps or all lowercase. Sometimes this puts an athletes name at the bottom of an alphabetized list. This puts your athlete at risk of not being selected.
2. Your athlete account will remain INACTIVE until the team is selected. Accounts will be activated for those swimmers who are selected to the team ONLY.
3. If parent last name is different than athletes last name, use the athlete last name then a hyphen (-) and the parents last name (Smith-Jones). Do this in the PARENT SECTION ONLY. Do not do this in the athlete section. Use only the athletes last name.
4. Use the athlete's name that you used when filling out your USA Swimming/SCS Registration paperwork. If the names do not match, we will not have times for your athlete.
5. DO NOT SKIP THE ATHLETE'S MIDDLE NAME. Enter the athlete's full middle name. If they do not have a middle name, please enter an asterisk (*) in that field. Your athlete's times are tied to their USA Swimming ID number which includes their birthdate, first last and middle names. If this information is not complete and accurate, your athlete's times will not show up in our system.
5. We like the athletes to be responsible and informed. IF your athlete has an email address, please add it as an additional email address.
6. If your athlete has a cell phone, please include the number in the athlete section. This number will be used only at the swim meet.
7. Please add your cell number as well as your swimmer's cell number to the SMS list.
8. Do not apply if there is any question as to whether or not you will participate. By applying, you are agreeing to go if selected. Please discuss this with your coach prior to applying.
9. If your team is not listed under location, pick any team and email email@example.com with the correction needed, and it will be taken care of.
10. Ignore the Fee section. You will be sent an email detailing the payment process.
11. Your account will be listed as SUSPENDED until the team is selected. The team will be posted on the SCS website as well as this site here, and email notifications will go out.
12. Check your shirt sizes. Many of you leave the size from the previous year. If you do not update your sizing information, you will receive the sizes you have listed.