North American Challenge Cup/Zone Application
- 3/28/16 - 7/20/16
- 3/28/16 - 7/20/16
YOU ARE APPLYING FOR BOTH NORTH AMERICAN CHALLENGE CUP AND WESTERN ZONE CHAMPIONSHIPS. IF YOU ARE SELECTED TO THE NACC TEAM, YOU ARE INELIGABLE TO BE SELECTED FOR THE ZONE TEAM. AFTER THE NACC TEAM IS SELECTED, THE FASTEST REMAINING 32 SWIMMERS WILL BE INVITED TO THE ZONE TEAM IN UTAH.
Please register when you have time to carefully read an fill out each section of the application. ALL fields are required whether they say so or not. Your athletes application will not be processed if it is incomplete. Specific attention needs to be paid to the following:
1. Use proper capitalization throughout the application. Please do not use all caps or all lowercase. Sometimes this puts an athletes name at the bottom of an alphabetized list. This puts your athlete at risk of not being selected.
2. Your athlete account will remain INACTIVE until the team is selected. Accounts will be activated for those swimmers who are selected to the team ONLY.
3. If parent last name is different than athletes last name, use the athlete last name then a hyphen (-) and the parents last name (Smith-Jones). Do this in the PARENT SECTION ONLY. Do not do this in the athlete section. Use only the athletes last name.
4. Use the athletes name that you used when filling out your USA Swimming/SCS Registration paperwork. If the names do not match, we will not have times for your athlete.
5. DO NOT SKIP THE ATHLETES MIDDLE NAME. Enter the athletes full middle name. If they do not have a middle name, please enter an asterisk (*) in that field. Your athletes times are tied to their USA Swimming ID number which includes their birthdate, first last and middle names. If this information is not complete and accurate, your athletes times will not show up in our system.
5. We like the athletes to be responsible and informed. IF your athlete has an email address, please add it as an additional email address.
6. If your athlete has a cell phone, please include the number in the athlete section. This number will be used only at the swim meet.
7. Please add your cell number as well as your swimmers cell number to the SMS list.
8. Do not apply if there is any question as to whether or not you will participate. By applying, you are agreeing to go if selected. Please discuss this with your coach and parents prior to applying. Juniors is the same week
9. If your team is not listed under location, pick any team and email firstname.lastname@example.org with the correction needed, and it will be taken care of.
10. Ignore the Fee section. You will be sent an email detailing the payment process.
11. At some point, you will receive an email stating that your application was approved. This does not mean you were selected to the team. The Team will be posted on the various LSC websites as well as this site here, and email notifications will go out.
12. Check your shirt sizes. Many of you leave the size from the previous year. If you do not update your sizing information, you will receive the sizes you have listed.