July 14, 2011
Welcome to this week's Mailer. Please read about all the events below, as we have many upcoming activities.
Congratulations to all our swimmers who competed at LC Junior Olympics last weekend in San Jose. Here are some highlights below:
- Milton Lau: 7th in 100 Breast; 7th in 200 Breast
- Jose Martin: 4th in the 400 I.M.; 7th in the 200 Breast
- Brandon Miguel: 7th in the 1500 Free
- Alyssa Powell: new team record in the 50 Fly; 2nd in the 50 Fly; 6th in the 100 Fly; new "PRT" in the 50 Back
- Dylan Powell: 7th in 400 I.M.
- Mary Welton: 7th in the 1500 Free
- Alexander Viray: 3 new FW Times (100 Free, 400 Free, 50 Back)
- Gabriel Viray: 8th in the 100 Free
- 3 x 15-18 Boys Relays (200 Free, 200 Medley, 400 Medley) also qualified for Far Westerns (Milton Lau, Brandon Miguel, Dylan Powell, Gabe Viray, Marshall Zia)
Important: The Swim-a-thon is next Tuesday 19 July! Check in starts at 4:30 p.m., swimming will be from 5:00-7:00 p.m., then potluck afterwards [flier here]. Potluck is: Hammerheads & Makos - Main Cours, Age Group - side dish or salad, Seniors - dessert. For raffle informaiton for swimmers who raise $200 or more, please [click here] to read & download the flier.
Important: VJO will be on a Special Practice Schedule tomorrow, Friday 15 July, due to a water polo tournament being hosted at Cunningham Pool. There will be morning practice only [no afternoon practice for all groups] as listed below (pleas ask your Coach if you have any questions):
- Seniors & Age Group -- 6:30 - 8:30 a.m. only
- Hammerheads & Makos -- 7:30 - 8:30 a.m. only [optional]
From the Board: "Congratulations to Erik Keilholtz who is beginning his term as president of the VJO board. He would like to reiterate the need for parents to step up and volunteer for various crucial positions. We still, for instance, are in need of a vice president as well as a corps of parents to do a variety of fun meet-related jobs. Please feel free to ask him or any other board member for more information."
For those parents who have an iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch, you can download "OnDeck Parent," an app from our website that allows you to view all your account information, meet times and time standards, and more. Click here to check it out, along with an iTunes store link to download the app (it's free!).
2011 R.E.A.L. Championship entries are due no later than Friday 22 July 2011. Please [click here] to download the meet sheet and entry cards; there are no on-line entries for this meet. Remember, this is a "team championship meet" where all members are expected to compete. If you have any questions, please contact Coach Aaron Jon [email@example.com; 707.373.8701].