|February Swim Board Meeting Notes|| |
Feb 20, 2012
DES MOINES SWIM FEDERATION
FEBRUARY 1, 2012
Board members present: Mike Nelson, Becky Studer, Ann Gillispie, Jill Berg, Kim Lammers (team manager), Anne Koopal
1. Call to Order
2. Approval of Agenda and Minutes
3. Member Open Forum
4. Coaches Report:
· Hiring Update: Coach Greg announced that offers of coaching positions to Steve Davis and Scott Reeve have been accepted. Both will start in the spring.
· Prairie Life morning practices: May be an option in fall; rent 2 lanes for specified Gold group members. This would be a supplement to existing practice.
· End of season swimmer evaluation: An evaluation will be given to each swimmer which includes notes on areas of improvement. Greg will do evaluations for blue and gold; Dave-Silver, Gina-Bronze. Evaluations will be due to Greg by February 20.
5. Team Manager Report:
· Review financials.
· Approval of invoices for payment
6. Club Business:
· Signs for regional and state meets will be made Friday, Feb 10 (regionals) and Thursday, February 16 (state).
· Goodie bags for regional and state meets.
· Kim to create and distribute a communication to parents to clarify that the Head Coach attends all swim meets. Swimmers not attending swim meets are expected to attend regular swim practice.
· Silver practice schedule: The practice schedule for silver was discussed. The Board decided that since bronze/silver have the same amount of practice time, silver swimmers should be reimbursed $150 for the season. The schedule listed for silver on the website should be adjusted accordingly.
· Swadley family book drive: There will be a bin at swim practice to collect books for Sarah’s family who recently lost their family home due to fire.
· We need more officials for our team—would like to have 9-10 officials (enough to run our own meet). To become an official you must take a class, online test and apprentice. Greg will check with Barb to see if we can set up a class.