March 26, 2012
Dear VJO Swimmers and Parents,
We have another exciting week ahead of us with 9 VJO swimmers qualified for Far Western Championships on Thurs 3/29- Sun 4/1 in Morgan Hill, CA. Congratulations and good luck to the following swimmers; Evan Augst, Ares Elmore, Milton Lau, Brandon Miguel, Alyssa Powell, Dylan Powell, Elina Rosario, Mary Welton, and Marshall Zia. Swim Fast!
Thank you to everyone that attended our annual Spaghetti Feed last Sat March 24th. Although the turnout was smaller this year we still had some great food and good entertainment. We would like to give a special thanks to our our desert contest and talent show contestants. Our swim team is defiantly talented in and out of the pool! Also, thank you to all of those that helped with set up and take down for the Spaghetti Feed... we couldn't do it without you!
Practice time change this Friday 3/30 -All groups will swim together from 6-7pm with coaches Tuffy and Sam.
Hot Chocolate Night Ends this Thursday 3/29 - Kids don’t miss out on your last cup of hot coco for the season. This Thursday night March 29th will be the last Hot Chocolate night for the season. See you at practice!
Save the Date -
- April 15th (Sat) - Team Bowling at 2:00 (Location: TBA)
- April 21st (Sat) - Piranha Meet (Location: Rohnert Park)
- April 28th (Sat) - 10 &Under Champs (Location: Sunnyvale)
- April 25th (Wed) - General Membership Meeting
- May 2-4 - VJO Meet
Vote YES on Measure K - Help Keep Cunningham Pool Open!
- Please help VJO and the GVRD keep the Cunningham Pool open. The Spring Ballots will be sent out in the next couple of weeks and VJO wants people to vote YES on Measure K. Passage of Measure K and the approval of the new parcel tax will protect the Cunningham Pool. We are asking everyone to help us get the word out to help keep Cunningham Pool open. For more information on Measure K, please visit http://www.gvrd.org or pick up a flyer at the pool.
- How you can help-
- Evening Phone Call Group - Help VJO by donating a couple hours of your time to make calls to our community to help spread the word. No experience needed, just bring your cell phone and make some calls while your child swims. Location: Cunningham Pool portables from 5:30-7:30pm Monday-Thursday (March 26-29 & April 2-5). Sign-ups for Evening Calling Group located at pool.
- Pass out Flyers - If you live in the Vallejo area please help pass out flyers in your neighborhood to help spread the word. Flyers can be found attached as a file and at the pool
- Tell Friends, Family and Neighbors - Please help spread the word by talking to people around you and in your area.