July 9, 2012
Dear VJO Swimmers and Parents,
4th of July Parade -Thank you to all swimmers, parents, and family members that walked with VJO in the 159th Vallejo 4th of July Parade. The parade went very well and we had a great representation from the Vallejo Aquatics Club. We would like to thank everyone that helped organize this event for us. We would also like to give a special thank you to Claudia Quintana for getting Team Chevrolet to donate the truck and our driver in the parade, Erik Keilholtz.
Westside Aquaducks Meet July 6-8- Great Job Sharks! Our VJO team had a grand total of 43 swimmers attend the Westside Aquaducks Meet on July 6-8. We had a lot of terrific swims with many new “B”, “A”, “JO”, and “FW” time standards achieved. The final results will be posted on the swim connection and pacific swimming website in the next couple of days. Awesome Job VJO, keep us the hard work!
Tomorrow, Tuesday July 10th we will be holding our Swim-a-thon from 5-7pm. All swimmers are encouraged to do as many laps as possible in 2 hours or 200 laps. Swimmers please continue asking, calling, emailing, writing for pledges / donations. Online donations www.vallejoaquatics.org are already counted. If you are collecting on paper fill out the form (neon yellow paper that was in your file) put your name & amount collected and return to the Henderson File. See the progress board hanging on deck. THANK YOU for all your efforts for our biggest fundraiser! For more info please visit http://www.scribd.com/doc/98831913/swimathon.
Swimmers you may bring:
- ﬁns and kick boards
- if you have a bright colored suit or special cap, wear it (show your individuality!)
- energy and enthusiasm, the goal is 200 laps.
Parents (we need YOU!)
- Count laps:Very easy, just sit (in the shade of the canopy) and count, keeping track on the clipboard.
- Set-up and Take down:Yes, those canopies, tables and chairs we are using.
- Clean up:All, let’s keep the pool deck clean
- Tuffy & Sam’s Group - main dish
- Seniors - main dish
- Hillary’s Group - dessert
- Age Group - side dish or salad
- Hotel:Days Inn
3345 Santa Rosa Ave. Santa Rosa, CA 95407
Reservations: (707) 568-1011
- Questions:Please contact: Tuffy (707) 567-7161 cell or (707) 642-3008 home
Save the Date:
- July 10 - Swim- a – thon (5-7pm)
- July 14 - Saturday Morning Long Course Practice (7:30-9:00am – All Groups)
- July 17th - Team Pictures (4-6:30pm)
- July 20-22 - Junior Olympic Championships
- July 25-30 - Summer Sectional Championships
- Aug 3-5 - REAL Championships
- Aug 1-5 - Far Western Championships
- Aug 6-11 - Western Zones (Grand Junction, CO)
- Aug 6-19 - Team Break
- Aug 23 - Prize Party for Swim-a-thon
- Sept 29th - Breakout Swim Clinic