January 21, 2013
Dear VJO Swimmers and Parents,
VJO Quad Meet Re-cap
Great Job VJO Swimmers! We had a lot of fantastic swims last Saturday Jan 19th at our VJO Quad Meet. We had over 70 VJO swimmers attend, which was an outstanding turn-out. Thank you to all swimmers that participated. Our coaches were all very excited to see so many new faces at the meet. We had a lot of first time meet swimmers and we congratulate all of them on their great first time meet performances. Results have been posted on the bulletin board at the pool. A separate email will be sent out with a list of the final meet results. Keep up the great work!
Martin Luther King Day 1/21/13 - There will be regular practice scheduled on Monday Jan 21st – Martin Luther King Day. Senior Group – Special Morning Practice on 1/21 from 7-9am (No 3:30-5:30pm practice). See you at the pool!
VJO C/B/A Meet (Feb 22-24)
Meet is open online for entries. Get signed up today! Our VJO C/B/A Meet will be held on Feb 22-24 at the Cunningham Pool. All VJO swimmers are encouraged to attend this meet. Enter Online at: http://ome.swimconnection.com/pc/vjo20130222 . Deadline for entries: 11:59 p.m. Thursday, February 14, 2013.
Parents - Parent Volunteer Sign-up sheets are posted on clip boards in the shark tank. Get signed up today for the volunteer position and time best for you.
We need volunteers for the following positions:
· Meet Set-up
· Meet Take-down
· Snack Bar
· Head Timer
· Meet Marshalls
Hot Chocolate Night
We need more snacks! Every Thursday night our parents organize a Hot Chocolate Night with snacks for our swimmers. Our swimmers love this practice night and look forward to it all week. Unfortunately we are very low on supplies. The snack foods were very sparse last week and almost non-existent. Parents we are in need of any and all snacks for Hot Chocolate Night.
· Hot Chocolate packets
· Hot Cider packets
· Mini marshmallows
· Plastic cup lids (small)
· Paper Boats (to hold snacks)
· Cup of Noodles
· Your favorite snack food
2013 Pacific Swimming Membership Renewal Due!
All VJO swimmers’ 2013 Pacific Swimming Membership Renewal was due in December 2012. If you have not yet turned in your$65 check (made out to Pacific Swimming) for the 2013 season, please bring it on your first day back to practice. Swimmers that have NOT yet renewed their 2013 Pacific Swimming Membership will NOT be able to swim in January due to liability reasons set in place by USA Swimming. Please turn in checks directly to Diane Powell, she will be on the pool deck during practice.
What to do if you take a break from swimming?
If your son or daughter plans to take a break from swimming with VJO please make sure you notify the team via email or written notice two weeks in advance. Please email our Membership Chair, Diane Powell (DSRNPOWELL@aol.com) and Treasurer, Dora Tang (email@example.com) the dates you son or daughter will not be swimming. This can also be done clicking the contact us on our team website, where your email will notify the same individuals. You will also need to pay a $10 inactive fee during the months your child is not swimming. Paying the inactive fee will enable you to join back at any time without having to pay the family member fee again. Thank you!
VJO C/BA Meet - Feb 22-24 (Cunningham Pool)
Meet is open online for entries… get signed up today! The VJO C/B/A Meet will be held on February 22-24 at the Cunningham Pool. This meet is recommended for all VJO swimmers. All VJO parents are expected to volunteer to make this meet happen. Parent volunteer sign-up sheets are posted on clip boards in the shark tank. Get signed up today! There will be no swim practice on Friday 2/22 or Monday 2/25 due to the meet.
Save the Date:
· Jan 21 - Martin Luther King Day (Regular Practice Scheduled – No 3:30-5:30pm Senior Practice)
· Jan 26 - Team Ice Skating (1-3pm at Vacaville Ice Sports)
· Jan 31 - Shark Pride Day (All Groups 5:00-6:30pm)
· Feb 16 - Spaghetti Feed & Talent Show
· Feb 18 - No Practice (Happy Presidents Day!)
· Feb 22-24 - VJO C/B/A Meet (Cunningham Pool)
· Feb 25 - No Practice (Day After Home Meet)
· Feb 28 - Shark Pride Day (All Groups 5-6:30pm)
· Mar 3 - Zone All Star Development Meet (Carson City, Nevada)
· Mar 9-10 - QUIK C/B/A Meet (Rohnert Park, CA)
· Mar 15-17 - Junior Olympic Championships (San Ramon, CA)
· Mar 28 - Shark Pride Day (All Groups 5-6:30pm)
· April 4-7 - Far Western Championships (Morgan Hill, CA)
· April 13 - Team Bowling (Stars Bowling, Vacaville)
· April 19-21 - VJO C/B/A Meet (Cunningham Pool)
· April 22 - No Practice (Day After Home Meet)
· April 25 - Shark Pride Day (All Groups 5-7pm)
· April 27-28 - 10 & Under Championships (Sunnyvale, CA)
· May 18-19 - QUIK C/B/A Meet (Rohnert Park, CA)