February 11, 2013
Dear VJO Swimmers and Parents,
POSTPONED --- Spaghetti Feed/ Talent Show on February 16th ---- POSTPONED
We are sorry to announce that the Spaghetti Feed on February 16th has been postponed due to a facility problem. We plan to reschedule the Spaghetti Feed in March (tentative date of Saturday March 23rd). We are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused families. We will keep everyone informed as the new date, time, and facility are finalized.
Personalized Swim Caps
You have the opportunity to order Personalized Swim Caps for your child or yourself! These will be standard black caps with white VJO and your name under the logo. You can choose to put your first initial and last name, last name only, or other name on your cap. If you would like to order personalized swim caps please fill out the personalized swim cap order form and place in the “Henderson” file with your check payable to VJO and notation to “caps”. Personalized Cap Order Forms are due byFebruary 28th, 2013.
Personalized Swim Cap Cost:
Latex $12.00/2 caps
Silicone $25.00/2 caps
VJO C/B/A Meet (Feb 22-24)
Sign-up today!!! ONLINE MEET ENTRIES CLOSE THIS THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 14TH. Our VJO C/B/A Meet will be held on Feb 22-24 at the Cunningham Pool. All VJO swimmers are encouraged to attend this meet. Enter Online at: http://ome.swimconnection.com/pc/vjo20130222. Deadline for entries: 11:59 p.m. Thursday, February 14, 2013. See “Upcoming Meet” section below for more details.
Get signed up today for the volunteer position and time best for you! Parent Volunteer Sign-up sheets for the meet are posted on clip boards in the shark tank. Remember we need each and every family’s help to put on a big meet like this. Every VJO family is responsible for volunteering at home meets. This is the only way we keep mandatory volunteer hours with penalty fees from happening.
WE STILL NEED MORE VOLUNTEERS IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS:
· Meet Set-up(Time: 5:30-6:30pm on Tues 2/19, Wed 2/20, & Thurs 2/21)
· Meet Take-down(Time: Sunday after meet)
· Snack Bar(We need more!)
· Hospitality(We need more!)
· Meet Marshall(We need more!)
· Head Timer
· Officials (Stroke & Turn & Starter)
VJO C/BA Meet - Feb 22-24 (Cunningham Pool)
ONLINE MEET ENTRIES CLOSE THIS THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 14TH. GET SIGNED UP TODAY. The VJO C/B/A Meet will be held on February 22-24 at the Cunningham Pool. This meet is recommended for all VJO swimmers. Enter Online at: http://ome.swimconnection.com/pc/vjo20130222or turn in consolidated entry forms with check to the Meet Directors (John Yee) file folder at the pool. Deadline for entries:11:59 p.m. Thursday, February 14, 2013. All VJO parents are expected to volunteer to make this meet happen. Parent volunteer sign-up sheets are posted on clip boards in the shark tank. Get signed up today! There will be no swim practice on Friday 2/22 or Monday 2/25 due to the meet.
QUIK C/B/A Meet (Rohnert Park, Honey Bee Pool)
The QUIK C/B/A Meet on March 9-10 is now open online for entries! This meet will be located at the Honey Bee Pool in Rohnert Park, CA. This will be our team meet for the month of March and is recommended for all VJO swimmers without Junior Olympic qualifying times. Swimmers with JO qualifying times will be attending Junior Olympic Championships the weekend after on March 15-17 in San Ramon. To enter this meet online go to: http://ome.swimconnection.com/pc/quik20130309. Online entry deadline is Wednesday, February 27, 2013 or until meet if full.
Saturday - Part One (Freestyle) of the Piranha Progressive Meet Series (PC-C/B/A+).
Sunday – Pentathlon (Age Group)
Swimmers may compete in a total of 5 events each day
Save the Date:
Feb 16 - Spaghetti
Feed & Talent Show (Cancelled due to facility problem –
New Date TBA)
· Feb 18 - No Practice (Happy Presidents Day!)
· Feb 22-24 - VJO C/B/A Meet (Cunningham Pool)
· Feb 25 - No Practice (Day After Home Meet)
· Feb 28 - Shark Pride Day (All Groups 5-6:30pm)
· Mar 3 - Zone All Star Development Meet (Carson City, Nevada)
· Mar 9-10 - QUIK C/B/A Meet (Rohnert Park, CA)
· Mar 15-17 - Junior Olympic Championships (San Ramon, CA)
· Mar 28 - Shark Pride Day (All Groups 5-6:30pm)
· April 4-7 - Far Western Championships (Morgan Hill, CA)
· April 13 - Team Bowling (Stars Bowling, Vacaville)
· April 19-21 - VJO C/B/A Meet (Cunningham Pool)
· April 22 - No Practice (Day After Home Meet)
· April 25 - Shark Pride Day (All Groups 5-7pm)
· April 27-28 - 10 & Under Championships (Sunnyvale, CA)
· May 18-19 - QUIK C/B/A Meet (Rohnert Park, CA)