February 18, 2013
Dear VJO Swimmers and Parents,
WE NEED MORE VOLUNTEERS!
Parent we are severely short on volunteers for our meet this weekend. We only have 2 snack bar volunteers for the Sunday portion of the meet. We will not be able to run a snack bar on Sunday without more volunteers. The snack bar is where our team is able to make money from putting on a meet. It would be horrible for our team to lose money because we didn’t have enough volunteers.
How to Sign-up to Volunteer:
Experience is not needed! The volunteer sign-up sheets for the meet are posted on clip boards in the shark tank. All you need to do is find an area that looks interesting to you and sign up for at least 2 seasons (4 hours)
Do All Families Need to Volunteer?
Yes! All VJO families are expected to volunteer at home meets. In order for our team to host meets at our pool we need everyone at the meet helping out. It is only fair for everyone to share in the work. We are now going to start tracking families volunteer hours.
AREAS WE STILL NEED VOLUNTEERS:
· Meet Set-up(Time: 5:30-6:30pm on Tues 2/19, Wed 2/20, & Thurs 2/21)
· Meet Take-down(Time: Sunday after meet)
· need 10 more people
· Snack Bar(We need more!)
· Saturday – need 5 more people
· Sunday – need 10 more people
· Meet Marshall(We need more!)
· need 4 more people
· Head Timer
Personalized Swim Caps
You have the opportunity to order Personalized Swim Caps for your child or yourself! These will be standard black caps with white VJO and your name under the logo. You can choose to put your first initial and last name, last name only, or other name on your cap. If you would like to order personalized swim caps please fill out the personalized swim cap order form and place in the “Henderson” file with your check payable to VJO and notation to “caps”. Personalized Cap Order Forms are due byFebruary 28th, 2013.
Personalized Swim Cap Cost:
Latex $12.00/2 caps
Silicone $25.00/2 caps
Spaghetti Feed – Sat March 23rd
The Spaghetti Feed is back on! Join us Saturday March 23rd at St Pats/ St Vincent’s for our annual Spaghetti Feed, Talent Show, and Dessert Contest. Swimmers make sure to start perfecting your talents and desert. Top contestants will receive prizes. More detail will be available soon.
Date:Saturday March 23rd
Location:St Pats /St. Vincent’s Cafeteria (1500 Benicia Rd. Vallejo, CA 94591)
Time:Start 5:00pm, Dinner 5:45pm, Talent Show and Desert Contest to follow
VJO C/BA Meet - Feb 22-24 (Cunningham Pool)
Meet is now closed for entries! We have 97 VJO swimmers attending!. The VJO C/B/A Meet will be held on February 22-24 at the Cunningham Pool. There will be no swim practice on Friday 2/22 or Monday 2/25 due to the meet.
TIME:On Friday 2/22 the meet will begin at 5:00 p.m., with warm-ups from 3:30-4:45 p.m. Saturday 2/23 & Sunday 2/24 the meet will begin at 9:00 a.m. with warm-ups from 7:30-8:45 a.m.
QUIK C/B/A Meet (Rohnert Park, Honey Bee Pool)
The QUIK C/B/A Meet on March 9-10 is now open online for entries! This meet will be located at the Honey Bee Pool in Rohnert Park, CA. This will be our team meet for the month of March and is recommended for all VJO swimmers without Junior Olympic qualifying times. Swimmers with JO qualifying times will be attending Junior Olympic Championships the weekend after on March 15-17 in San Ramon. To enter this meet online go to: http://ome.swimconnection.com/pc/quik20130309. Online entry deadline is Wednesday, February 27, 2013 or until meet if full.
Saturday - Part One (Freestyle) of the Piranha Progressive Meet Series (PC-C/B/A+).
Sunday – Pentathlon (Age Group)
Swimmers may compete in a total of 5 events each day
Save the Date:
· Feb 18 - No Practice (Happy Presidents Day!)
· Feb 22-24 - VJO C/B/A Meet (Cunningham Pool)
· Feb 25 - No Practice (Day After Home Meet)
· Feb 28 - Shark Pride Day (All Groups 5-6:30pm)
· Mar 3 - Zone All Star Development Meet (Carson City, Nevada)
· Mar 9-10 - QUIK C/B/A Meet (Rohnert Park, CA)
· Mar 15-17 - Junior Olympic Championships (San Ramon, CA)
· Mar 23 - Spaghetti Feed/ Talent Show (St Pats HS Cafeteria)
· Mar 28 - Shark Pride Day (All Groups 5-6:30pm)
· April 4-7 - Far Western Championships (Morgan Hill, CA)
· April 13 - Team Bowling (Stars Bowling, Vacaville)
· April 19-21 - VJO C/B/A Meet (Cunningham Pool)
· April 22 - No Practice (Day After Home Meet)
· April 25 - Shark Pride Day (All Groups 5-7pm)
· April 27-28 - 10 & Under Championships (Sunnyvale, CA)
· May 18-19 - QUIK C/B/A Meet (Rohnert Park, CA)