May 28, 2013
Dear VJO Swimmers and Parents,
Thank you all swimmers that attended our Saturday long course morning practice last weekend. We hope everyone had a good time and enjoyed all the great food at our potluck breakfast afterwards. We have limited long course practice and it is very important to take advantage of this special time. Long Course swimming can be very different than our daily short course practice, for example the backstroke flags are different. Your will need to know your new long course backstroke count We have only two more long course practices before the Napa Meet, Saturday June1st and Saturday June 8th. Make sure you are prepared for long course season. We hope to see even more of you this coming Saturday morning.
· Seniors & Age Group Practice– 7:00-9:00am
· All other Groups Practice– 7:30-9:00am
Shark Pride Day
Next Thursday May 30th is Shark Pride Day! All groups will be swimming together from 5:00-7:00pm. The last Thursday of every month is Shark Pride Day. On this day, all VJO swimmers are encouraged to wear their team shirts to school and around town. Show off your Shark spirit! We want to encourage team unity by having the entire swim team practice together from 5-7pm. The team will warm-up together, work on skills together, and play games/ relays together. This will be a team building day with a great opportunity to get to know swimmers in other groups.
Saturday Morning Long Course Practices – June 1st & 8th
We will be holding Saturday Long Course Practices for all groups on both Saturday June 1st and June 8th. Afterwards we will have a potluck breakfast at the pool. Bring your favorite breakfast dish to share.
· Seniors & Age Group – 7:00-9:00am
· All other Groups – 7:30-9:00am
DATE: June 25th, 2013
TIME: 5 - 7 PM
SWIMMERS: Are you ready? Pledge forms have been placed in your folders. Encourage your friends/family/neighbors to support you! Get them to pledge a per lap $ amount or total $ amount! This is a VJO fundraiser - we need your pledges to make this event a success! Minimum FAMILY GOAL: $200.00, and our team goal is $15,000, we CAN do this! Let’s watch our barometer grow & WIN PRIZES!
ON SWIM DAY:Bring lots of energy, kick-boards, fins and goggles! Wear your favorite bright cap and suit. Sign in at the ‘sign in’ table and get your label. Take the label to the lane you will swim in and give it to your lap counter. Swim as many laps as you can! Then enjoy the potluck!
PARENTS: Thank you for all your support for this event. We will need your help to make this work!
Every family MUST pitch in. Please sign up on one (or more) of our sign-up sheets! This will count toward your mandatory volunteer hours!
Some areas to help:
1. Canopies need to be set up & torn down.
2. We will also need loving families to count our swimmers’ laps, on the day of event.
3. Potluck - sign up today.
4. Check our sign-up sheets and join the fun!
Questions? Call Cyndee Bogard @ 510-407-5282 or email: email@example.com
Napa Valley Long Course Meet -June 15-16
***The Napa Valley Long Course Meet is CLOSED.***
Meet Info: http://ome.swimconnection.com/pc/nvst20130615.
Summer Sanders Long Course JR+ Meet (June 14-16, Roseville, CA)
The Summer Sanders Meet is now open online for entries. This will be a travel meet for the Senior Group with qualifying time standards. Qualifying time standards are between a Sr I and Sr II (see meet sheet for exact qualifying times). This meet is Trials and Finals. This meet will fill very quickly so enter ASAP.
Enter online at:http://ome.swimconnection.com/meets
Warm –ups: 7:00-8:15 am (Fri, Sat, & Sun)
Meet Begins: 8:30 am
Finals Warm-Up: 4:30pm
Finals Begin: 5:30pm
Hotel Info:Go to Priceline.com for $65/night 3 Stare Hotel (Hyatt Place). Go to Express Deals.
Westside Aquaducks Long Course C/B/A Meet
The Westside Aquaducks Long Course C/B/A Meet is now open online for entries. This will be the third and final long course meet of the season. It will also be the last meet to qualify for JO’s. All VJO swimmers are encouraged to attend this meet.
Enter online at:http://ome.swimconnection.com/pc/WA20130628
Entry Deadline:11:59pm Wednesday June 19h 2013.
Ukiah Dolphins C/B/A Meet - July 26-28
The Ukiah Dolphins Short Course C/B/A Meet is now open online for entries. This will be our team meet for the month of July. All VJO swimmers are encouraged to attend this meet... it will be a fun one!
Camping: The team will also be camping at either the high school or at Lake Mendocino. We are working on getting a group camp site at Lake Mendocino. So get your sleeping bags and marshmallows ready! We will also be setting up some other fun activities for the kids after the meet.
Enter online at:http://ome.swimconnection.com/pc/UD20130726
Entry Deadline:11:59pm Wednesday July 17th 2013.
Save the Date:
· May 30 - Shark Pride Day (All Groups 5-7pm)
· June 1 - Saturday Long Course Practice (Sen & Age Grp 7:00-9:00am, Tuffy/Sam/Hilary Grp 7:30-9am)
· June 8 - Saturday Long Course Practice (Sen & Age Grp 7:00-9:00am, Tuffy/Sam/Hilary Grp 7:30-9am)
· June 10-14 - Senior Group Practice 5:30-7:30pm
· June 15-16 - Napa Long Course Meet (Napa Valley College, CA)
· June 14-16 - Summer Sanders Long Course JR+ Meet (Roseville, CA)
· June 22 - Annual Pool Party and Alumni Reunion 12-4pm
· June 25 - Swim –A- Thon 5-7pm
· June 27 - Shark Pride Day (All Groups 5-7pm)
· June 28-30 - Westside Aquaducks Long Course Meet (Petaluma, CA)
· July 4 - 4th of July Parade (No Swim Practice)
· July 5 - No Afternoon Practice (only 7-9am morning practice)
· July 12-14 - Junior Olympic Championships (Concord, CA)
· July 17-21 - Summer Sectional Championships (Santa Clarita, CA)
· July 25 - Team Picture Day (4-6pm)
· July 25 - Shark Pride Day 6-7pm (After Team Picture)
· July 27-28 - Ukiah Dolphins Meet (Ukiah, CA)
· July 31-Aug 4– Long Course Far Western Championships (San Jose, CA)
· Aug 7-10 - Western Zones (Roseville, CA)
· Aug 9-11 - Zone 3 Championships (Dual Venue Napa/Vallejo)
· Aug 12-25 - Team Break (No Practice - 2 weeks)
· Aug 26 - First Day of Fall Practice
· Aug 29 - Shark Pride Day (All Groups 5-7pm)
· Sept 2 - No Practice (Labor Day)
· Sept 14 - 2013 VJO Awards Banquet
· Sept 26 - Shark Pride Day (All Groups 5-7pm)
· Sept 27-29 - VJO Short Course C/B/A Meet
· Sept 30 - No Practice (Meet Recovery Day)