June 17, 2013
Dear VJO Swimmers and Parents,
As of today we have raised $1,801 for our Swim-A-Thon. Remember our team goal is to raise $15,000 this year… we still have a lot of work to do swimmers. Make sure you are out collecting pledges from you family members, friends and coworkers. Remember the Swim-A-Thon is next Tuesday June 25th from 5-7pm
Summers Sanders Senior Meet Re-Cap
The weather was blazing hot in Roseville over the weekend and our swimmers had some fiery performances as well. Kelley Henderson (18) achieved a new long course JO time in her 50 Free with a 29.83, Alyssa Powell (14) achieved a new long course JO time in her 100 back with a 1:15.65 and a new long course PRT (Pacific Recognizable Time) in the 100 fly with a 1:08.02, Elina Rosario (13) achieved a new long course JO time in the 200 IM with a 2:42.54 and a new long course Far Western time in the 200 breast with a 2:57.60, and Brandon Miguel (17) achieved a new long course JO in the 100 breast with a 1:16.49. Great job swimmers! Those are some terrific times for the beginning of our season.
Napa Valley Long Course Meet Re-Cap
Great job at the Napa Meet! We had many amazing swims and many new time standards achieved over the weekend, unfortunately we have not yet received the final results from the meet. As soon as we have the results we will send out an email
Annual Pool Party & Alumni Reunion- Sat June 22nd 12-4pm
This Saturday on June 22nd is our Annual Pool Party and Alumni Reunion. The fun will go on from 12-4pm at the Cunningham Pool. We will be swimming, going off diving boards, playing games, doing family relays, and also holding our 3rd Annual BBQ Cook-Off. This year we will also be holding a small alumni swim meet. Come join the fun and don’t forget to spread the word to any VJO Alumni you may know.
POTLUCK ASSIGNMENT (according to last name):
A - B Appetizers
C - G Salador Side Dish
H - S Main Dish
T - Z Dessert
DATE: June 25th, 2013
TIME: 5 - 7 PM
SWIMMERS: Are you ready? Pledge forms have been placed in your folders. Encourage your friends/family/neighbors to support you! Get them to pledge a per lap $ amount or total $ amount! This is a VJO fundraiser - we need your pledges to make this event a success! Minimum FAMILY GOAL: $200.00, and our team goal is $15,000, we CAN do this! Let’s watch our barometer grow & WIN PRIZES!
ON SWIM DAY: Bring lots of energy, kick-boards, fins and goggles! Wear your favorite bright cap and suit. Sign in at the ‘sign in’ table and get your label. Take the label to the lane you will swim in and give it to your lap counter. Swim as many laps as you can! Then enjoy the potluck!
PARENTS: Thank you for all your support for this event. We will need your help to make this work!
Every family MUST pitch in. Please sign up on one (or more) of our sign-up sheets! This will count toward your mandatory volunteer hours!
Some areas to help:
1. Canopies need to be set up & torn down.
2. We will also need loving families to count our swimmers’ laps, on the day of event.
3. Potluck - sign up today.
4. Check our sign-up sheets and join the fun!
Swim-A-Thon Questions? Call Cyndee Bogard @ 510-407-5282 or email: email@example.com
Shark Pride Day Intersquad Meet
This month our Shark Pride Day will be an Intersquad Meet from 5-7pm on Thursday June 27th. Swimmers will be doing all 4 events; free, breast, back,and fly. 8 & Unders will swim 25’s, 9-10 and 11-12 will swim 50’s and 13 & overs will swim 100’s. More details and how to sign up will be emailed out in the next day or two.
Start time: 5:30pm
Westside Aquaducks Long Course C/B/A Meet
***The Westside Aquaducks Long Course C/B/A Meet is CLOSED for entries.***
Ukiah Dolphins C/B/A Meet - July 26-28
Only 28 more spots open in the Ukiah Meet!!! Sign up ASAP if you are planning to attend. This will be our team meet for the month of July. All VJO swimmers are encouraged to attend this meet... it will be a fun one!
Enter online at: http://ome.swimconnection.com/pc/UD20130726
Camping: Get your sleeping bags and marshmallows ready! We will be camping at Bushay Recreation Area Campgrounds at Lake Mendocino. The price is $25 per night with a maximum of 8 people plus 2 vehicle per campsite. Total of $50 per campsite for 2 nights stay (Friday July 26th & Saturday July 27th).Campsites could accommodate 2 families. If we have 2 families per campsite we can split the accommodations to $12.50 per family per night.
How to Reserve your Campsite: Any VJO families interested in camping during the Ukiah Swim Meet please contact Marylou Miguel at firstname.lastname@example.org or by text only (707) 373- 8771. VJO families are currently staying in the following campsites: B69, B70, B71, B72, B73, B77, B78, B81, B82.
Interested in Making Your Own Reservations: Families interested in making their own reservation either call 1-877 444-6777 or go to the website http://www.recreation.gov/, then choose Bushay Recreation Area Campground. Our families would like to stay close together. Please try to reserve the other campsites near by B83, B51, B53, B55, B79, and B80. These campsites are closer to the grassy play area and lake access.
Save the Date:
· June 22 - Annual Pool Party and Alumni Reunion 12-4pm
· June 25 - Swim –A- Thon 5-7pm
· June 27 - Shark Pride Day Intersquad Meet (All Groups 5-7pm)
· June 28-30 - Westside Aquaducks Long Course Meet (Petaluma, CA)
· July 4 - 4th of July Parade (No Swim Practice)
· July 5 - No Afternoon Practice (only 7-9am morning practice)
· July 12-14 - Junior Olympic Championships (Concord, CA)
· July 17-21 - Summer Sectional Championships (Santa Clarita, CA)
· July 25 - Team Picture Day (4-6pm)
· July 25 - Shark Pride Day 6-7pm (After Team Picture)
· July 27-28 - Ukiah Dolphins Meet (Ukiah, CA)
· July 31-Aug 4– Long Course Far Western Championships (San Jose, CA)
· Aug 7-10 - Western Zones (Roseville, CA)
· Aug 9-11 - Zone 3 Championships (Dual Venue Napa/Vallejo)
· Aug 12-25 - Team Break (No Practice - 2 weeks)
· Aug 26 - First Day of Fall Practice
· Aug 29 - Shark Pride Day (All Groups 5-7pm)
· Sept 2 - No Practice (Labor Day)
· Sept 14 - 2013 VJO Awards Banquet
· Sept 26 - Shark Pride Day (All Groups 5-7pm)
· Sept 27-29 - VJO Short Course C/B/A Meet
· Sept 30 - No Practice (Meet Recovery Day)