The Southern Zone Diversity Swim Camp and Summit is set for June 22-25, 2017, and will be held in Charlotte, NC. MS Swimming will send up to 3 athletes to travel with the Diversity Chair and/or 1 Coach to the camp. Athletes interested in attending must fill out the camp application posted below and email to our Diversity Chair.
About the USA Swimming 2017 Southern Zone
Diversity Camp and Summit
• Demonstrate the viability of multicultural success in swimming within their local LSC
• Achieve performance excellence throughout the sport
• Introduce the benefits and value of participating in the sport of swimming
• Develop positive leaders and role models that others from multicultural backgrounds can emulate
• Connect, network and promote the virtues of the sport of swimming through a comprehensive strategy involving the athletes and the LSC Diversity Chairs in their own local LSCs and throughout the Southern Zone.
Attendees: 45 athletes (20+ boys / 20+ girls) ages 13-16 years-old (at least 1 male and 1 female from each zone) along with each LSC Diversity Chairs and 1 Coach
Dates and Location: June 22 - 25, 2017 in Charlotte, NC at the Mecklenburg County Aquatic Center. Athletes, coaches and volunteers will be housed on campus in hotels. We will have 3 Long Course sessions and 2 Short Course sessions for the campers. Meals will be catered on-site or by a local national catering company or hotel. Athletes, Diversity Chairs, and Coaches will arrive Thursday (June 22) early to late afternoon and depart Sunday (June 25) morning.
• 3 athletes (at least 1 male and 1 female) from each of the 15 LSCs in the Southern Zone
• 1 Diversity Chair from each LSC will attend the Summit
• 1 Coach from each LSC will attend the Summit (either Diversity Chair or Coach need to be the travel chaperone with USA Swimming Background certified)