May 20, 2021
Meet Volunteer sign-up lists are NOW OPEN on the Wellington website.
Please be prepared to be FLEXIBLE. At this point we are not sure what Ashland and Westridge will ask of us for away meets at their pools. Also, the Dale City meet was supposed to be AT Dale City, but they use a PWCo pool, and the County said to all teams that use County pools, they cannot host any visitng teams this year. SO we are going to host them, but as an in-person Dual meet, or Virtually is still TBD. If we do have a Virtual meet with the Frogs, the voluneer needs will be more like Time Trials.
Some reminders and tips:
- Every family MUST volunteer a minimum of 15 hours, plus one shift at Divisionals unless you paid the $175.00 opt-out fee when you registered. Sign up EARLY, and try to work a little at each meet. Volunteering is the best way to make new friends.
- If you are a NEW family, spend some time with the volunteer information under the Parent tab of the website. Most families get started as a Timer or Recorder. If you are unsure of a job that would be a good fit, or have concerns of how you could possibly work at a Swim Meet AND herd your kids, we can advise...send us an email for help.
- If you sign up for something, then realize you can't do it, please go back into the sheet and remove yourself so another can take the spot. (SUPER IMPORTANT!)
- Sometimes volunteer needs may shift as the season progresses, or based on host-team needs when we are the visiting team. Our Volunteer Coordinator may reassign jobs as needed to cover all positions.Please get in the habit of re-checking the volunteer sign-up the evening before a meet so you know where you are supposed to be.
- We happily accept older siblings home from College who have been voluntold.
- Swim Meets are purposely long, hot and and boring for those who don't volunteer.
To volunteer, make sure you are signed into the website, and access the meet volunteer page associated with each meet. The easiest way to do this is click on Calendar in the menu bar, then click the green Jon Signup button next to each meet.