November 24, 2014
USA Swimming is excited to announce the 2015 Safe Sport Leadership Conference!
The 2015 Conference is the 2nd Safe Sport Leadership Conference since our program began in 2010. The 2013 Conference was an overwhelming success with over 150 attendees and covered a high level overview of incidence and definitions of sexual abuse, offender dynamics, abuse in sport, and strategies to prevent abuse. For our 2015 version, we’re focusing on Safe Sport at the local level. It is our objective to send attendees home with tangible, actionable tools that can be employed immediately to create a culture of safety at your club or LSC. This conference is ideal for LSC and club leadership – we’re encouraging coaches and Board presidents to attend together and return home with a plan for Safe Sport at their club.
Registration available now at: https://www.regonline.com/sslc2015
- Creating Positive Sport Culture: Introduction of the conference goal
- Responsible Hiring Practices: Getting the right people on board
- Governance and Professionalism: How adults interaction with each other. Setting guidelines for expectations, coaching professionalism and governance strategies (panel discussion)
- Is it Bullying or Conflict?: Interactions with kids; understanding the difference between bullying and conflict and how to respond to each. Discussion and strategies to manage cyber bullying and online safety.
- Prevention through Bystander Empowerment: Maintaining culture by empowering all to uphold it
- Crisis Management: How to react when culture breaks down
The Conference will be held at the Colorado Springs Marriott, February 8 and 9, 2015. There is no registration fee for USA Swimming attendees. USA Swimming will cover hotel rooms for Sunday and Monday nights for USA Swimming members and USA Swimming club-affiliated attendees. We will host a reception on Sunday night and provide lunch on Monday during the conference. We have a cap of 125 total attendees for the conference so register soon! Registration available now at: https://www.regonline.com/sslc2015
Sunday, February 8
Key Note Speaker – Survivor Voice
Monday, February 9
8am-6pm Conference Sessions (Lunch Provided)
Please circulate this message to your LSC’s clubs and coaches. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to reach out to me directly at email@example.com
Susan Woessner, LSW | Director of Safe Sport | (719) 866-3589 | (719) 332-0184 | usaswimming.org/protect | @SwimSafeSport