Ages 14 & up
The Senior Development group provides challenging workouts for swimmers who are training to compete at the High School level. This group focuses on high school events and helps swimmers do their best during the high school season.
Meet goals are B/A+, Sr Open, SR II, and high school league championship meets. All swimmers should have knowledge of SR Open, SR II, and National group times. Swimmers in the Senior Development group enter each practice with a positive attitude, and are constantly looking to build life skills and character. The group focuses on stroke technique, sprinting, kicking, and increasing overall fitness level. Swimmers attendance and effort should correspond to their goals. Swimmers attend practice as their schedules permit and are expected to try their best when at practice.
Entry-level expectations for Senior Development swimmers:
- Must be in high school to enter the group. Freshman entering high school move into the group in August from the Turquoise group and January from the Junior National group.
- Able to complete the following set:
- 8 x 50s Free @ :45
- 8 x 50s Back Dolphin Kick with fins 4 @ :50, 4 @ :45
- 10 x 50s Kick @ 1:00
- 8 x 25s Scull @ :35
- 5 x 100 Free @ 1:30
- 5 x 100 IM @ 1:45
- Swimmers in the Senior Development group should have knowledge of Senior group entry requirements.
- Senior Development group swimmers should also have goals of achieving CCS, Junior Olympic and Far Westerns times.
Sites Available: Gunderson High School