Who Should Notify Us?
Everybody on the team should notify us if they plan to attend a meet OR if they plan NOT to attend a swim meet. We will not sign swimmers up for a meet unless you have notified us through the online signup system that you will be attending that meet, however, it still helps us to know for certain if you are NOT going.
How should You Notify Us?
Using your online Team Unify account. Once you have your login name and password set up for your Team Unify account at our website. It is simple and easy to notify us if you are attending or if you are not attending a swim meet or event.
Important Note #1: Emails, phone calls, and letting us know in person at the pool is nice, however, even if you do this, please notify us through the online signup system. Emails will get lost in our inbox. Phone calls and telling us in person will almost certainly be forgotten. Notifying us through the online signup system provides a single centralized place for the coaches to find this information.
Important Note #2: The exception to this rule is if you are having trouble with the online signup system. We understand that this system is new. If you are having trouble with the signup system, please either call or email the webmaster to inform the coaches of your swimmer(s) intentions to compete. The webmaster can manually declare your swimmer(s) intentions and will attempt to give you instructions to make it easier in the future.
Which Meets Should I Notify You About?
Stroke School & Senior Prep Swimmers: Complete an online signup for each Stroke School meet notifying us if you plan to attend the meet OR notifying us if you plan NOT to attend a meet. A list of Stroke School Meets may be found on the Meet Schedule Page.
Age Group & Senior Swimmers: Complete an online signup for each USA Swimming meet notifying us if you plan to attend the meet OR notifying us if you plan NOT to attend a meet. A list of USA Swimming Meets may be found on the Meet Schedule Page.
How Do I Declare My Intentions for a Meet or Event?
First, follow these steps:
1) Declare your intentions BEFORE the registration deadline. A reminder of upcoming deadlines is listed in every weekly newsletter.
2) Sign in to the website using your email address and password.
3) Most upcoming swim meets and events are listed on the home page of our website. If registration is available for this event, click the ‘Attend this Event’.
4) Now use the steps below to notify us of your swimmer(s) intentions
Follow these steps if you are NOT ATTENDING:
1) Click on the Member Names [they default to Not Committed]
2) Then click on the Signup Record pull-down and select No
3) If No, just click on the [Save Changes] button to save the changes
4) If you have more than one child, repeat the same task as listed above
Follow these steps if you ARE ATTENDING:
1) Click on the Signup Record pull-down and select Yes
2) Once yes is selected, you will see the events your child MAY be eligible to swim if they are available for this meet.
3) You will also see the best times inserted into the Entry Time field and highlighted in yellow
4) Check the Checkbox to the left of the name for those events you would like to swim
5) Please take careful notice of and time standards that must be met in the right-side columns
6) Once you have finished, click on the Submit Button in the lower right
7) Repeat the process for additional swimmers
8) You will notice that Coach Approval column will indicate Pending after you submit
9) Please pay careful attention to:
- Maximum Event Entry Limitations IF PRESENT. Click on the >>View if present.
- Add any notes that you want the Coach or Administrator to see
10) Your coach or team administrator will review your declaration and APPROVE or REJECT your request and once they submit the final choices you will be able to review by signing in and clicking on the 'Attend This Event' button for any events listed on our team website. Look at the Coach Approval column for the events that you have been confirmed to swim.