Volunteerism is an integral to the success of our club, and we are fortunate to have the involvement of active parents. Long after your children graduate from NLSC, they will remember your volunteer efforts which helped make their competitive swimming experience fun and successful.
Volunteer Service Positions
There are a variety of volunteer positions available throughout the year. Some of these positions are ongoing (board of directors), while others are oriented around a specific function or event (socials, swim meets, fundraisers). It takes many volunteer hours, and every parent, to make NLSC the successful youth organization it has become. Each parent should expect to contribute a minimum of 25 hours a year to help the Booster Club in its mission to support NLSC.
Swim Meet Related Positions – Swim meets require the greatest amount of volunteer help. If your swimmer is participating in a Northern Lights Swim Club or Central Area Swimming hosted competition, you are obligated to help. You can commit for a volunteer position, while registering your child(ren), by clicking the “Job Signup” button on the meet’s information page.
Swim meet related jobs include:
- concessions and hospitality workers.
- concession and hospitality food donations.
- timing - no training required, sit in a timing chair and press buttons, then record times on timing sheets.
- officiating – train with local official trainers to become Stroke & Turn Officials, and work at NLSC/Central Area meets. Officials are required to ensure a level playing field, and that swimmers adhere to the rules set forth by USA Swimming.
- computer operator – set up, test, and run the timing system during the meet
- awards - placing labels on medals/ribbons, then sorting
- facility assistance - helping set up/take down
Special Event Coordinators – Special events include socials and fundraisers. Coordinators work with the Booster Club board to arrange and organize these events.
- “Click, Give, Swim”
- Silent auctions
- Food an Wine Tastings
- Team picnics
- Pool parties
- The Annual Awards Banquet
Board Positions – The Booster Club board meets as needed. Typically it meets every month, or every other month throughout the year. The mission of the board is to support Northern Lights Swim Club’s endeavors. The board oversees competitions, fundraisers, and socials that elevate the experience of the youth members of NLSC. The board, along with the coaching staff, comes up with short and long range plans to facilitate the mission of NLSC. Board members are nominated and voted on at the annual awards banquet.
The NLSC Booster Board is composed of the following positions:
- Member’s at Large