[REQUIREMENTS UPDATED ON 7/14/21]
This group is for 11 to 18 years old swimmers
- RAC’s Fitness Program is designed to provide the curriculum and atmosphere necessary for 11 & Over swimmers to discover their own path within swimming whether that means becoming a competitive swimmer on the program (joining the Senior Squad in the near future), or fitness based.
- The group is designed to have swimmers find a place in the sport as well as fill a valuable and recognized role within the Club. Swimmers may attend as many meets as they like and workout sessions based on their schedule.
- Swimmers from this group come from the Age Group Squad, Junior Squad, Senior Squad, or from outside of RAC.
- When the swim meets become available, swimmers can choose to commit to swim meets or not. They will receive an invitation to do so via Email & OnDeck from RAC Staff.
- If the swimmers want to join any of the other Squads, the swimmer will need to meet with the primary group coach and achieve the desired squad requirements.
Notes on training:
- The Fitness swimmer is a positive and hard-working athlete for the RAC program.
- Fitness swimmers must have the desire to improve and strive for the highest level.
- Must be able to swim three out of the four competitive strokes at the following distances without stopping or needing assistance.
- 100 Freestyle (front crawl)
- 100 Backstroke
- 50 Breaststroke
- 50 Butterfly
- Be able to complete a 30-minute workout.
- Be able to dive either from the side or the competitive starting blocks
Objectives & Expectations
- Decreased sedentary lifestyle.
- Attend at least one meet during the short course season.
- Improve upon preexisting swimming skills and refine new ones.
- To continue to refine competitive swimming skills while introducing advanced training sets, race preparation, and endurance training.
- To support a lifestyle appropriate for achieving the greatest personal success.
- No drugs, alcohol, and tobacco products.
- To do everything within their power to reach their own personal potential.
- To maintain their swimming fitness level in the offseason for the high school season.
- To become a valuable member of their high school program.
- Team Swimsuit for meets, regular swimsuit for practices