VALLEY SHORE Y MARLINS
2015/2016 Short Course Meet Schedule
*All meets are subject to change*
*All meets in bold and underlined are mandatory for all swimmers*
- October 9th: Inner Squad Meet/BBQ @ Valley Shore Y
- October 24th – 25th: Holyoke Y Virtual Meet @ Holyoke Y(Recommended for Y Nationals)
- November 6th: Inner Squad Meet/ Pizza Party @ Valley Shore Y
- November 14th – 15th: VSYM Age Group Qualifier @ Valley Shore Y
- November 20th – 21st: Wilton Y Thanksgiving Invite (Recommended for Y Nationals)
- November 22nd: VSYM vs SYS @ Soundview Y(11/overs only)
- November 22nd: CCAT 10/Under Qualifier @ Sheehan H.S.
- December 5th: VSYM vs LEHY @ East Hartford Y
- December 5th: HHAC 8/Under Quadrathon @ Hamden Hall
- December 11th – 13th: Hutchinson Invite @ SCSU
- December 18th: Inner Squad Meet @ Valley Shore Y
- December 19th – 20th: Swim For Our Troops Invite @ Wesleyan
- January 8th – 10th: Nutmeg Pentathlon @ East Lyme H.S.(12/Unders Only)
- January 9th - 10th: Ages 13/Over Y league Champs @ Wilton Y
- January 15th: Inner Squad Meet @ Valley Shore Y
- January 30th - 31st: Ages 9 - 12 Y league Champs @ East Hartford H.S.
- February 7th: VSYM Pentathlon @ Valley Shore Y
- February 26th – 28th: Regional Champs @ TBA
Only swimmers who qualify can participate in the following swim meets:
•March 3rd – 6th: Senior champs @ Wesleyan
•March 10th – 13th: Age Group Champs @ Wesleyan
*Please ensure you have read and are familiar with the VSYM SWIM MEET PROTOCOL* before you attend any swim meet.
Swim Meet Protocol
- Please arrive at the pool 15 minutes before the start of warm–up. (Coaches need to hand in a “scratch sheet” prior to the start of the meet. If swimmers arrive late (without informing the coach in advance), their child will be "scratched” from the meet.
- Come Prepared! DOUBLE UP ON EVERYTHING! Be sure to pack the following in your swim bag and try to label items as many people's things look alike:
Team bathing suit
2 team caps
2 pairs of goggles
2 full water bottles
One light, healthy snack
Dry clothes to wear home
Note: keep your swim bag with you on the pool deck, NOT in the stands or in the locker rooms.
- All swimmers must talk to their coach after every race!
- NO CELL PHONES ON DECK!!! YOU CHILD HAS THREE OPTIONS: READ A BOOK, DRAW A PICTURE OR BE SOCIAL AND CHEER ON YOUR FRIENDS!!!
- NO visiting the spectator stands or snack bar without PERMISSION from Coach.
- NO unhealthy eating from the snack bar -- hamburgers, hot dogs, chocolate muffins, etc. will NOT make you swim faster!!!!
- Swimmers are not to leave the meet until they have spoken to the Coaches (we don't want to have to cut a relay team which impacts the entire team).
- Parents and swimmers who are not participating in the swim meet are NOT ALLOWED on the pool deck during a meet. (Unless they are volunteering to work!) This is a good reason to VOLUNTEER!
- Know what events you are swimming, what heat and lane you are in, and be ready to swim FAST! (The coaches try to ensure each swimmer is ready but ultimately it is each swimmer's responsibility to know where they should be and when they should be there.)
- All VSY Marlins are expected to have exemplary behavior!
- We display good sportsmanship
- We are respectful
- We leave our area cleaner than we found it!
Cheer and be excited for your teammates! Most importantly, have fun!