2016 Short Course Meet Schedule
Valley Shore YMCA Marlins
*All meets are subject to change*
*Yellow highlight: Meets swimmers must qualify for in order to participate*
Regular Season Meets
- October 7th: Inner Squad Meet/Pot Luck Party @ Valley Shore Y
- October 22nd: VSYM vs Branford Y @ Walsh Intermediate School
- October 29th – 30th: Branford USA Meet @ Walsh Intermediate
- November 12th – 13th: VSYM Age Group Qualifier @ Valley Shore Y
- November 18th – 20th: Wilton YMCA Thanksgiving Meet @ Wilton Y
- December 3rd: VSYM vs LEHY @ East Hartford H.S.
- December 9th – 11th: SOCO USA Meet @ SCSU
- December 14th: Inner Squad Meet/Holiday Party @ Valley Shore Y
- December 17th: CCAT USA Meet @ Wesleyan
- December 18th: CCAT USA Distance Meet @ Wesleyan
- January 6th – 8th: NMEG USA 12/Under Meet @ East Lyme H.S.
- January 7th – 8th: 13/Over YMCA Championship @ Wilton Y
- January 21st – 22nd: WRAT USA Meet @ Westport/Weston YMCA
- January 28th – 29th: Ages 9-12 YMCA Championship @ TBA
- February 3rd: Inner Squad Meet @ Valley Shore Y
- February 5th: VSYM Pentathlon @ Valley Shore Y
- February 10th – 12th: SOCO USA Meet @ SCSU
- February 25th: VSYM vs Waterbury Y @ Waterbury Y
- March 3rd – 5th: Regional Champs @ TBA
- March 9th – 12th: Senior champs @ Wesleyan
- March 16th – 19th: Age Group Champs @ Wesleyan
- 03/03 - 03/05 @ TBA (Regional Champs)
Post Season Championship Meets
*Swimmers must qualify to participate*
- 03/09 - 03/12 @ Wesleyan (Senior Champs)
- 03/ 16 - 03/19 @ Wesleyan (AGC)
*Please ensure you have read and are familiar with the VSYM SWIM MEET PROTOCOL* before you attend any swim meet.
Swim Meet Protocol
- Please arrive at the pool 15 minutes before the start of warm–up. (Coaches need to hand in a “scratch sheet” prior to the start of the meet. If swimmers arrive late (without informing the coach in advance), their child will be "scratched” from the meet.
- Come Prepared! DOUBLE UP ON EVERYTHING! Be sure to pack the following in your swim bag and try to label items as many people's things look alike:
Team bathing suit
2 team caps
2 pairs of goggles
2 full water bottles
One light, healthy snack
Dry clothes to wear home
Note: keep your swim bag with you on the pool deck, NOT in the stands or in the locker rooms.
- All swimmers must talk to their coach after every race!
- NO CELL PHONES ON DECK!!! YOU CHILD HAS THREE OPTIONS: READ A BOOK, DRAW A PICTURE OR BE SOCIAL AND CHEER ON YOUR FRIENDS!!!
- NO visiting the spectator stands or snack bar without PERMISSION from Coach.
- NO unhealthy eating from the snack bar -- hamburgers, hot dogs, chocolate muffins, etc. will NOT make you swim faster!!!!
- Swimmers are not to leave the meet until they have spoken to the Coaches (we don't want to have to cut a relay team which impacts the entire team).
- Parents and swimmers who are not participating in the swim meet are NOT ALLOWED on the pool deck during a meet. (Unless they are volunteering to work!) This is a good reason to VOLUNTEER!
- Know what events you are swimming, what heat and lane you are in, and be ready to swim FAST! (The coaches try to ensure each swimmer is ready but ultimately it is each swimmer's responsibility to know where they should be and when they should be there.)
- All VSY Marlins are expected to have exemplary behavior!
- We display good sportsmanship
- We are respectful
- We leave our area cleaner than we found it!
Cheer and be excited for your teammates! Most importantly, have fun!