2017 Long Course Meet Schedule
Valley Shore YMCA Marlins
*All meets are subject to change*
*Yellow highlight: Meets swimmers must qualify for in order to participate*
Regular Season Meets
- May 5th: Inner Squad Meet/Taco Party @ Valley Shore Y
- May 6th - 7th: CAC USA Meet @ Wesleyan
- May 12th: CDOG USA Distance Meet @ Cheshire Y
- May 13th: CDOG USA Meet @ Cheshire Y
- May 20th: YMCA TRI Meet @ Wheeler H.S.
- June 2th-4th: MAC USA Meet @ Wesleyan
- June 9th - 11th: 12/Unders Only WAC USA Meet @ Wesleyan
- June 10th: 13/Overs Only Mako USA Meet @ Regional YMCA of Western CT
- June 23 - 25th: YMCA Championship @ Regional YMCA of Western CT
- June 24th: Open Water Championship @ Lake Quassapaug
- June 25th: Mako USA Distance Meet @ Regional YMCA of Western CT
- June 28th: Inner Squad Meet/ End of the Year Team BBQ @ Valley Shore YMCA
- 07/07 - 07/09 @ TBA (Regional Champs)
Post Season Championship Meets
*Swimmers must qualify to participate*
- 07/13 - 07/16 @ Wesleyan (Senior Champs)
- 07/20 - 07/23 @ Wesleyan (AGC)
*Please ensure you have read and are familiar with the VSYM SWIM MEET PROTOCOL* before you attend any swim meet.
Swim Meet Protocol
- Please arrive at the pool 15 minutes before the start of warm–up. (Coaches need to hand in a “scratch sheet” prior to the start of the meet. If swimmers arrive late (without informing the coach in advance), their child will be "scratched” from the meet.
- Come Prepared! DOUBLE UP ON EVERYTHING! Be sure to pack the following in your swim bag and try to label items as many people's things look alike:
Team bathing suit
2 team caps
2 pairs of goggles
2 full water bottles
One light, healthy snack
Dry clothes to wear home
Note: keep your swim bag with you on the pool deck, NOT in the stands or in the locker rooms.
- All swimmers must talk to their coach after every race!
- NO CELL PHONES ON DECK!!! YOU CHILD HAS THREE OPTIONS: READ A BOOK, DRAW A PICTURE OR BE SOCIAL AND CHEER ON YOUR FRIENDS!!!
- NO visiting the spectator stands or snack bar without PERMISSION from Coach.
- NO unhealthy eating from the snack bar -- hamburgers, hot dogs, chocolate muffins, etc. will NOT make you swim faster!!!!
- Swimmers are not to leave the meet until they have spoken to the Coaches (we don't want to have to cut a relay team which impacts the entire team).
- Parents and swimmers who are not participating in the swim meet are NOT ALLOWED on the pool deck during a meet. (Unless they are volunteering to work!) This is a good reason to VOLUNTEER!
- Know what events you are swimming, what heat and lane you are in, and be ready to swim FAST! (The coaches try to ensure each swimmer is ready but ultimately it is each swimmer's responsibility to know where they should be and when they should be there.)
- All VSY Marlins are expected to have exemplary behavior!
- We display good sportsmanship
- We are respectful
- We leave our area cleaner than we found it!
Cheer and be excited for your teammates! Most importantly, have fun!