VALLEY SHORE Y MARLINS
2015 Long Course Meet Schedule
May 8th - 9th: Wilton Y Summer Qualifier, @ Wilton Y
May 15th: Inner Squad Swim Meet/Pizza Party, @ Valley Shore Y
May 30th - 31st: WAC Invitational, @ Wesleyan University
June 6th - 7th: CAC Age Group Qualifier, @ Wesleyan University
June 13th - 14th: Summer Sizzler, @ Wesleyan University
June 19th: Inner Squad Swim Meet/ BBQ, @ Valley Shore Y
June 27th: Open Water Championship, @ Lake Quassapaug
June 28th: Kamana-Wanna Swim Invitational, @ Odessa Terry
July 15th: End of the year Long Course BBQ
July 17th - 19th: USA Regional Championship @ TBA
Only swimmers who qualify can participate in the following swim meets:
July 9th - 12th: USA Senior Championship
July 23rd - 26th: USA Age Group Championships
August 3rd - 7th: YMCA National Championship
*Please ensure you have read and are familiar with the VSYM SWIM MEET PROTOCOL* before you attend any swim meet.
Swim Meet Protocol
- Please arrive at the pool 15 minutes before the start of warm–up. (Coaches need to hand in a “scratch sheet” prior to the start of the meet. If swimmers arrive late (without informing the coach in advance), their child will be "scratched” from the meet.
- Come Prepared! DOUBLE UP ON EVERYTHING! Be sure to pack the following in your swim bag and try to label items as many people's things look alike:
Team bathing suit
2 team caps
2 pairs of goggles
2 full water bottles
One light, healthy snack
Dry clothes to wear home
Note: keep your swim bag with you on the pool deck, NOT in the stands or in the locker rooms.
- All swimmers must talk to their coach after every race!
- NO CELL PHONES ON DECK!!! YOU CHILD HAS THREE OPTIONS: READ A BOOK, DRAW A PICTURE OR BE SOCIAL AND CHEER ON YOUR FRIENDS!!!
- NO visiting the spectator stands or snack bar without PERMISSION from Coach.
- NO unhealthy eating from the snack bar -- hamburgers, hot dogs, chocolate muffins, etc. will NOT make you swim faster!!!!
- Swimmers are not to leave the meet until they have spoken to the Coaches (we don't want to have to cut a relay team which impacts the entire team).
- Parents and swimmers who are not participating in the swim meet are NOT ALLOWED on the pool deck during a meet. (Unless they are volunteering to work!) This is a good reason to VOLUNTEER!
- Know what events you are swimming, what heat and lane you are in, and be ready to swim FAST! (The coaches try to ensure each swimmer is ready but ultimately it is each swimmer's responsibility to know where they should be and when they should be there.)
- All VSY Marlins are expected to have exemplary behavior!
- We display good sportsmanship
- We are respectful
- We leave our area cleaner than we found it!
Cheer and be excited for your teammates! Most importantly, have fun!