This is a public forum for posting swimming related job openings. Wisconsin Swimming makes no representation concerning these postings. Please contact the individual organizations for information regarding the postings. Listings will be removed after their posted deadline date or after six months.
Send information to be posted by e-mail to: email@example.com
Girls Head Swimming Coach
Hartford Union High School District is seeking a Girls Head Swimming Coach for the 2020-2021 fall season which starts in August. Must possess knowledge and strategies in competitive swimming and have the ability to organize learning opportunities for student-athletes to develop skills.
- Serve as the head coach.
- Assume the responsibilities for the development of the specific teams within the total program, and under the direction of the Athletic and Activities Director.
- Attend all coaches’ meetings and carry out all assignments as indicated by the Athletic and Activities Director.
- Distribute and collect equipment, supplies, and uniforms.
- Take part in special awards programs, promotional programs, and other programs or activities deemed important to the sport by the Athletic and Activities Director.
- Be responsible for the security of all facilities.
- Be responsible for the conduct of the student-athlete and other involved students at all times: practices, games, bus rides, locker rooms, etc.
- Show respect for officials, press, opposing coaches and teams, parents, fans, students, athletes, fellow coaches, and HUHS staff.
- Work to promote school spirit.
- Develop teamwork, morale, sportsmanship, courtesy, fair play, academic excellence and strict adherence to the rules of training and conduct.
- Promote unity within the coaching staff and within the framework of the Co-Curricular department.
- Perform any other duties or responsibilities related to the coaching position as needed or directed by the Principal and/or the Athletic and Activities Director.
Additionally, a successful candidate will possess and be able to demonstrate:
- A high energy, dynamic personality with a proven track record of relating well to school-aged athletes and instills positive sportsmanship in student-athletes.
- Demonstrates strong interest and commitment to the development of the student-athlete: physically, mentally and as a leader.
- The ability to effectively plan and organize practices with teaching the fundamental strategies and techniques of the sport.
- Managing game day procedures, equipment, uniform/equipment inventory, eligibility and roster paperwork in cooperation with the Athletic and Activities Director and Co-Curricular Office.
- The ability to work cooperatively with student-athletes, their families and teachers to assist in maximizing their academic as well as athletic potential.
- Discipline and integrity to hold themselves, assistant coaches and student-athletes to high behavioral, academic and performance expectations.
- The ability to interact positively with students, parents, staff, competitors, officials, fans and the media.
- Have a positive mental attitude and be an ambassador for our school and our District.
Submit all materials through WECAN https://www.huhs.org/, including cover letter, resume, WECAN Employment Application, university transcripts, and letters of recommendation.
Assistant Swim Team Coaches
DFAC Swimming is looking for motivated, responsible, enthusiastic Assistant Coaches. DFAC is a board
run team based in DeForest, Wisconsin (Greater Madison Wisconsin area). The team currently has 90+
members ranging from novice to National level qualifiers. We are a year round competitive swim team,
proudly serving swimmers of all ages and abilities, from DeForest, Waunakee, Sun Prairie, and several
other surrounding communities. This is a great opportunity for the right person to join an experienced
coaching staff, and a swim club with a long standing history and reputation of excellence in the swim
We are looking for energetic coaches who are active on deck, enthusiastic about the opportunity,
reliable, and possess good communication skills. Our ideal candidate will possess high ethical and moral
standards and will be as interested in our members’ character and development as they are in their
development as swimmers. We are looking for coaches who have a passion to coach and mentor our
The ideal candidate will have competitive swimming experience, coaching experience and USA
swimming coach’s credentials.
The Assistant Coach is an hourly position, averaging 10-20 hours per week (primarily weekday evenings
and some Saturdays); plus a potential 1 – 2 swim meet weekends per month.
Brief job description and responsibilities include:
- Reports directly to Head Coach
- Must be a certified USA Swimming Member Coach, or be willing to become certified as a USA Swimming Member Coach with CPR, First Aid and Lifeguarding certifications and required background check.
- Follow season plan and write or execute daily workouts including drills and fun!
- May assist several groups, or be in charge of a specific practice group
- Attend staff meetings and other events as assigned by Head Coach
- Attend meets as scheduled – approximately 1-2 per month
If interested please send resume to Carrie Lubcke, President of the Board of Directors, subject line
“Assistant Coach”, at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Swim Lessons Instructor
Little Strokes Swim Academy in Waunakee has immediate and on-going openings for part-time Swim Lessons Instructors in our warm, 91° indoor pool. Swim coaching or competitive swim experience is required, as is a high school diploma. High School seniors who will be graduating in the Spring but staying in the Madison area in the fall are also encouraged to apply. Classes are held during the following hours, with the majority of weekday lessons being taught between 9:00am-12:00pm and 3:00pm-7:30pm:
Sunday, 1:00 pm-5:30 pm
Monday, 8:00 am-7:30 pm
Tuesday, 8:00 am-7:30 pm
Thursday, 8:00 am-7:30 pm
Friday, 8:00 am-7:30 pm
Saturday, 8:00 am-1:30 pm
You can pick which days/hours you like for each 7-10 week long session, and you do not need to work the entire shift. We are open to creating a lesson plan that works with your schedule!
The pool is located at 1029 Quinn Drive in Waunakee, just outside of Madison and a short drive from the UW, MATC, and Edgewood campuses. The pay rate for the right candidate is $17-$25/hour. Children of employees may receive free or reduced swim lessons.
Little Strokes Swim Academy in Waunakee is looking for several friendly, charismatic part-time Office Assistants, potentially with lifeguard certifications. Responsibilities including answering phones, checking email, scheduling registrations & makeup lessons, interacting with parents and children, and some light cleaning. Previous customer service experience is required, as is a high school diploma. Swimming experience is a plus, and applicants with current lifeguard certifications will be paid at a higher rate. The hours available for this position include:
There is some flexibility with this position to trade shifts on occasion with the other staff members; the pool is open and staffed most days from 8am-8pm. Openings for this position are available in March and we will hire until all of the shifts are covered.
The pool is located at 1029 Quinn Drive in Waunakee, just outside of Madison and a short drive from the UW, MATC, and Edgewood campuses. The pay rate for this position is $13-$14/hour. Children of employees may receive free or reduced swim lessons.
Please send resume to:
Assistant Swim Team Age Group Coach
Part Time, Non-exempt, (Practices are Monday through Friday, 6:00pm to 9:00pm, with various weekend swim meet opportunities)
ABOUT NEW BERLIN SWIM CLUB:
New Berlin Swim Club is a small, board run, not for profit swim club that primarily swims out of the New Berlin School District pools. We strive to maintain small town values and provide a quality coaching experience to our young swimmers. We are currently experiencing strong membership growth which has created two new swim coach opportunities within the club.
SUPERVISOR: Swim Team Head Coach
RESPONSIBILITIES: (partial listing)
- Develop positive relationships with participants and provide motivational support and guidance.
- Coach individual swimmers on proper stroke techniques, encouraging each team member to reach their potential.
- Model and explain appropriate sportsmanship.
- Address and redirect inappropriate sportsmanship.
- Maintain records and participant communications as requested by Head Coach (i.e. practice schedule, swim meet entries, awards, etc).
- Prepare pool and facilities for usage, clean up and close down after practice and events.
- At the discretion of the Head Coach, attend staff meetings, workshops and seminars to increase knowledge and skills.
Individuals in this job must have the following abilities: demonstrated ability to teach the development of swimming skills; instruct and observe proper stroke techniques; motivate and effectively communicate with members and parents; exercise mature judgment and sound decision-making; stay alert to potential safety problems; get along with people of diverse backgrounds; lift a minimum of 50 lbs and have full range of body movement. Candidates must become a coach member of USA Swimming and must have or willing to satisfactorily completed safety training, background check, and athlete protection training required by USA Swimming as well as at least 18 years of age.
We are primarily looking for entry level age group coaches to help our early to mid-level swimmers.
Please send resume and references to:
Applications accepted until positions are filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Wisconsin Club is looking to hire an experienced Aquatics Director for the 2020 summer season. The main working hours for this position will run from Memorial Day through Labor Day so this would be an amazing opportunity for a high school swim coach or teacher looking to supplement their summer income. There is some need both prior to the season and after the season for flexible occasional hours to: hire lifeguards, get policies and procedures up to date, set up swim and safety programs, ensure the pool is suitable for opening day, and to ensure the pool is closed properly at the end of the season.
The Aquatics Director supervises the operations and staffing of Wisconsin Club swimming pool. This includes the creating, planning, promotion, coordination, scheduling, and evaluating of the variety of programs specific to the aquatic area. The Aquatics Director ensures the safety of the members and their guests in the swimming pool and surrounding deck and provides programs to enhance the fitness and enjoyment of members and their families.
- Possess current American Red Cross Lifeguard Training certification, American Red Cross First Aid certification, Professional Rescuer Cardiopulmonary (CPR) certificate, and Automated External Defibrillator (AED) certificate, and Certified Pool Operator (CPO) or equivalent upon employment.
- Work outdoors, being exposed to extreme heat and sun for length of shift
- Work full time during the Memorial Day through Labor Day season
- Work additional hours outside of the Memorial Day and Labor Day season
- Ability to follow oral and written directions
Pay range is $15 - $20 per hour, dependent upon experience.
Wisconsin City & Country Club
Fax (414) 271-7528
The Village of Shorewood Hills is accepting applications for the position of Pool Manager. This is presently a part time, year round position with seasonally adjusted and flexible hours. The position is responsible for managing all operations of the pool including staffing, purchasing, programming and mechanical functions including opening and closing. During the summer season, the pool employs about 70-80 individuals. The Village encourages a wide range of individuals to apply, including those with management, aquatics programming, and staffing expertise. Mechanical/technical aptitudes in maintaining a pool are desirable. For more details please refer to the Village website www.shorewood-hills.org and the employment opportunities tab where an application form, job description and detailed breakdown of seasonal duties will be located.
The Shorewood Hills Pool is a 50-Meter, 10-lane, outdoor facility. There is an additional wading pool with water features as well as a concession area and locker room facilities. The pool has a diving well incorporated into the deep end, with two, 1-meter diving boards. Our pool operates on seasonal memberships that are open to both Shorewood Hills residents as well as those from around the Madison area. A typical day at the pool will incorporate open swim times as well as organized programs that include swim and dive lessons, swim and dive teams, water ballet, masters swimming, and water aerobics. The pool is generally in use from 6:00 AM until 9:00 PM. In addition, we host several events including such things as a water ballet show, a triathlon, swim and dive meets, and various membership events.
To apply complete a Village employment application, along with a cover letter, and resume. Materials should be addressed to Village Clerk, Village of Shorewood Hills 810 Shorewood Boulevard Madison, WI 53705. Position is open until filled.
YMCA of the Silicon Valley
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Aquatics Director will assist with program quality and the planning and implementation of programs
- A Bachelor degree or 1 year of aquatic experience
- Enthusiastic, Fun, Great Personality
- Ability to effectively interact with participants, parents, and staff
- Available on weekend and evenings as needed.
- Possess the following certifications at the time of hire:
o CPR for the Professional Rescuer or accredited equivalent
o Emergency Oxygen Administration
o Standard First Aid
o Lifeguard certification
o YMCA Swim Instructor certification preferred
- Possess or obtain within 90 days of hire the following YMCA trainings:
o YMCA Lifeguard certification
o YMCA Swim Instructor certification;
o YMCA Lifeguard Instructor
o YMCA Swim Lesson Trainer
- Responsible for recruiting, training, coaching and leading lifeguards
- Ensure staff maintain all required certifications
- Administrative duties include staff development (recruitment, selection, scheduling, training, supervision, etc.)
- Assist with Branch events and the Annual Giving Campaign.
- Build and maintain close and positive relationships with participants and parents.
- Follow all policies and procedures in the Y Aquatic's SOP Manual created and or approved by the Association.
- Maintain a safe environment at all times.
- Attend training and meetings
- Performs other duties as assigned.
See the full Position Description.
Ashwaubenon Swim Club (ASC) is a non-profit association focused on competitive and recreational swimming for swimmers of ages 6-18+ years and co-sponsored with Ashwaubenon Park and Rec. We are expecting our head coach to develop leaders and accomplished swimmers in a team environment through a commitment to swimmer evaluation, goal development and sound swimming technique, while challenging athletes with endurance and physical fitness associated with competitive swimming.
- Be approachable, visible and communicate openly with all club members and swim team families.
- Bring an enthusiastic and energetic approach to each and every practice and swim meet. Focus on swimmer development which rewards effort and commitment as well as results.
- Develop strong relationships with all swimmers on the team, board members, high school coaches and Park & Rec personnel.
- Facilitate and run all practices with the help of assistant coaches occurring daily, mornings, and weekends as pool time allows.
- Design and oversee training plans for all training groups and develop methods to track swimmers’ progress throughout the season. Set goals with swimmers and monitor phases of individual swimmer development including but not limited to stroke technique, starts and turns, and interval timing.
- Schedule, organize, and facilitate each season’s home and away meet schedule consistent with the needs of the team, individual training groups, athletes and their families.
- Assist with the preparation, operation and clean-up of practices, home swim meets, and team functions in our state-of-the-art facility that we call home.
- Support and exemplify USA Swimming’s Safe Sport initiative.
- Keep current with research in aquatics related areas and actively participate in the Wisconsin Swimming House of Delegates quarterly meetings.
- Hours will vary based on practice and meet times
- Demonstrated leadership, mentoring skills, and the ability to work as part of a team.
- General swim knowledge and competitive swim coaching experience.
- Must be certified USA Swimming Coach
- Current Lifeguard and First Aid/CPR certificates (or ability to obtain)
- Familiarity or willingness to learn Team Unify and Meet Manager software
Please send your resume and letter of interest to Leah Nitke, President…email@example.com
Assistant Swim Coach
Rochester Swim Club is a USA Swimming Team in Rochester, MN. We have 250+ athletes on our team of all abilities. Our club supports families in our area, many are in the healthcare industry as the Mayo Clinic is located in Rochester.
What our Swim Coaches are:
Rochester Swim Club coaches are experienced professionals with a passion for swimmers and divers ages 5 and above. We encourage continued learning through clinics, workshops, and weekly staff meetings. We meet the athlete’s competitive and swimming goals. The coaches provide swimming techniquesand work with athletes at practices as well as swim meets.
- Assist the head coach as needed in practice and at meets.
- Work under the direction of the head coach with job duties.
- Emphasize proper stroke techniques and follow season plan of coach you
- are assisting.
- Conduct dryland exercises under direction of head coach
- Work with all coaches to ensure the needs of swimmers are being met
- Perform administrative functions including but not limited to meet entries,
- parent meetings, social events, swim meets as scheduled, staff meetings.
What we are looking for:
- Passion for working with kids
- Ability to engage with athletes, parents, and staff
- Previous coaching experience or willing to train if having experience
- working with kids
- ASCA certification preferred but not required to start
- USA Swimming Background check is a must
- High school diploma
- Bachelor Degree preferred
- Communication and motivational skills are a must
- Positive attitude
- Competitive wage with room to grow
- Family members free/reduced rates
- Professional growth through clinics and workshops
The Rochester Swim Club includes:
- USA Swim Team
- House League Swim Team
- Masters Program
- SwimAmerica Swim School
- Diving Program
- Outdoor Pool Management and Lifeguards
All inquiries and resumes can be sent to:
Autumn Kappes, CEO
The Southwest Aquatic Team (SWAT) is not-for-profit competitive swim team located in the southwest region of the greater Milwaukee area. Our program is a year-round competitive swim team that carries around 250 swimmers annually. We have a dedicated volunteer-based parent board, pride ourselves as athlete focused and a coach supported organization. We also have a swim school affiliated with our program serving as a feeder system.
SWAT is looking for a reliable, motivated and enthusiastic coaches to work our 13&O and 12&U swimmers.
Partial responsibilities of the Coach are listed below.
- Current USA Swimming certifications or willingness to obtain within two months of employment.
- Coach and administer practices scheduled for group coaching with.
- Attend meets on the group schedule and other meets assigned to assist.
- Complete other tasks as determined by the Program Director.
- Formal job description to be discussed during the hiring process for the ideal candidate.
This position will consist of 9 to 25 hours a week depending on the particular mesocycle within the season. Compensation will be based upon experience and is highly competitive to other area swim programs. Start is immediate and will remain open until the spots fill.
We are looking for candidates with a dynamic personality, passionate towards swimming, dependable and have strong communication and organizational skills. Our ideal person will have (but not required) competitive swimming experience, coaching experience and USA Swimming coaching credentials. They will also possess high moral character, strong ethics and will value the hard work in developing young athletes. Our coaches are role models to our athletes and mentors to our staff. We have a rich foundation of excellence and a culture of not only bettering swimmers but also bettering people. We do this by fostering lifetime skills though examples and experiences.
This position does have an opportunity for growth only adding to an individual’s career path in competitive swimming. Also intends to continue with education and the changing swimming techniques or trends.
Interested persons please send resume, background and references to Rob McCabe at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please visit our website at www.swimswat.org.
Please list “Interested Coach” in the subject line.
Assistant Head Coach
The Fox Cities YMCA Swim Team is a club swim team that is both YMCA and USA Swimming sponsored. We provide opportunities for athletes of all ages and abilities to achieve any goals they wish to pursue within the sport of swimming. We hold athletes to a high standard by enforcing the core values of The Y while also working to foster an environment that promotes creativity, joy, passion, excitement and friendships.
The Assistant Head Coach is responsible for helping the Head Coach with all aspects of team leadership. This includes but is not limited to: Leading practices for all ages and abilities as needed, attending all swim meets as needed, responding to and addressing parent concerns, helping with running all (6) hosted meets, regular communication about team activities and events, managing and training deck coaches, attending or assisting with other YMCA sponsored events, and any other tasks needed for a swim team to function.
Required Qualifications: Experience as a competitive swimmer and competitive swim coach. The ability to work nights and weekends, ability to travel between multiple pools and sites. Ability to lead, instruct and communicate with large groups and to work cohesively with other coaches and parents. Be in good standing with USA Swimming, and maintain LG, CPR, AED, FA Certifications. Desired qualification: Knowledge of Team Unify and HyTek software.
More information available at www.ymcafoxcities.org/jobs Questions regarding the coaching position can be directed to John Thiel at email@example.com or 920-594-7615
Howard Suamico Storm Breakers, Green Bay WI, is looking for energetic, reliable and motivated part-time coaches to work primarily with novice-age group swimmers. Candidates would work 3-5 days a week and attend swim meets when necessary. Candidates must enjoy working with kids, have strong verbal communication skills and basic knowledge of competitive swimming. This position is available immediately.
HSSB operates out of the Howard Suamico Community Pool. Hourly pay will be based on experience and is competitive to other area swim programs. Hours each week can be flexible based on personal availability. Candidate must have or be willing to obtain all USA Swimming certifications (including passing a background check before hire).
If interested, please contact Connor Huff at firstname.lastname@example.org
Age Group Assistant Coach
Lake Country Swim Team, Hartland Wisconsin, is seeking an hourly assistant coach for our age group program. Ideal candidate is enthusiastic, engaging, a strong communicator and team player. Responsibilities will include assisting and substituting for lead coaches as needed with potential assignment as group lead coach. Pay and responsibilities are dependent on candidate’s experience and skills. Hours range from 5-20/week. Candidates must possess or be able to acquire USA Coaching Certification. Start date is as soon as possible.
Lake Country Swim Team (LCST) is a well-established year-round USA swimming team with more than 250 registered swimmers. We have a long tradition of success at the state, zone and national level. The team is a non-profit corporation administered through a board of directors comprised of parent volunteers and the executive director. We have a strong and supportive parent group and a stable and experienced coaching staff. We operate out of three 6-lane 25 -yard pools and a summer outdoor 50-meter pool located in the beautiful Lake Country area (Hartland area) 20 miles west of Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Visit our website at www.lakecountryswimming.com.
Inquiries and/or resumes should be sent to:
Head Coach/Executive Director
Lake Country Swim Team
Assistant Age Group Coaches
Rocket Aquatics (formerly Menomonee Falls Swim Club) is looking for energetic, reliable and motivated part-time coaches to work primarily with novice-age group swimmers. Primary responsibilities include assisting lead coach at our age group sessions 3-5 days a week and attending swim meets when necessary. Candidates must enjoy working with kids, have strong verbal communication skills and basic knowledge of competitive swimming. This position is available immediately.
Rocket Aquatics age group program operates out of Menomonee Falls at the Menomonee Falls High School Pool. Hourly pay will be based on experience and is competitive to other area swim programs. This is a part-time position, 5-15 hours per week depending on personal availability. Candidate must have or be willing to obtain all USA Swimming coaching certifications within two months of hire (includes passing a background check before hire).
Please send resume and references to Scott Mueller at CoachScottMueller@gmail.com for more information.
The Northfield Swim Club, based out of Northfield, MN, is seeking experienced candidates to fill the position of Head Coach. Northfield Swim Club is a non-profit, community based organization. The Head Coach reports to a Board of Directors composed of parent volunteers. Qualified applicants should be USA Swimming Certified and in good standing. They should possess mastery of swim strokes and the ability to transmit that knowledge to swimmers of all skill levels. They should be passionate about the sport, and have the ability to inspire that passion in our athletes.
Responsibilities are, but not limited to working with assistant coaches to develop effective practice plans for swimmers of all abilities, help swimmers set and reach goals, work with the Board of Directors to further the club’s goals, and effectively communicate with parents and swimmers.
This posting will be open until filled. If interested please contact Kevin Olson, email@example.com