We are currently hiring for seasonal and year-round part-time Lifeguard and Swim Instructor positions to work at the Fullerton Community Center, Janet Evans Swim Complex, and the Troy Club of Yorba Linda.
Swim Instructor Position Description
Responsibilities: Provides skill-based swim and water safety instruction to people of all ages. Maintains constant supervision of students to ensure safety. Creates positive, nurturing relationships with students and builds cooperative relationships with parents and caregivers. Promotes and supports the potential of all students in program. Facilitates peer-to-peer connections as part of the overall program experience.
- Minimum age of 16
- American Red Cross Lifeguarding/CPR/AED certification
- Swim America Swim Instructor Certification
- Demonstrated ability to recognize students who may need assistance
- Demonstrated ability to recognize and remedy hazardous and dangerous situations
- Demonstrated ability to swim in shallow and deep water and tread water
- Patience and the ability to communicate with all ages and levels of students, parents and caregivers, and other FAST staff.
Lifeguard Position Description
Responsibilities: Under general supervision, ensures the safety of patrons of an aquatic facility by preventing and responding to emergencies.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Skill in the application of lifeguarding surveillance and rescue techniques.
- Ability to prepare routine administrative paperwork.
- Knowledge of CPR and emergency medical procedures.
- Ability to follow routine verbal and written instructions.
- Knowledge of customer service standards and procedures.
APPLY FOR A POSITION ONLINE HERE