Mighty Gators (Minimum Age 6)
Summer Schedule (Begins June 11th, 2018) 8:00 - 9:00am
4 days, M-T-TH-F. 60 minutes each day
Successfully pass Water Lizards promotional goals, proper group equipment (see equipment list below).
This group will follow a systematic approach to competitive swimming using drill and stroke progressions. Starts, streamlines, turns and stroke mechanics are the primary focus of this group. Major emphasis on butterfly and breaststroke with continued training on backstroke and freestyle.
- 80% teaching, 20% warm-up, sprints (25 yards) and fun!
- Intro to Starts
- Turns and stroke technique are the primary focus
- Continued training in freestyle and backstroke
- Introduction to breaststroke and butterfly
- Introduction to swim drills and techniques at the basic skill level
- Introduction to the basics of competitive training
- Introduction to reading the clock
- Participation in meets is encouraged
Swimmers in this group strive to reach these goals for consideration to be moved up to the next group.
- 200 yards of Freestyle with flip turns and streamlines
- 100 yards of Backstroke with legal flip turns and streamlines
- 25 yards of legal Breaststroke
- 25 yards of legal Butterfly
Swimmers must have the following equipment prior to their first day of practice.
- 2 pairs of goggles (fitted and ready to use)
- Sporti fins or specific equivalent
- Practice swim caps (at least 2)
- Mesh equipment bag (keeps equipment together, dry and ready for use)
- 1 competitive style practice swim suit (no beach shorts)
- Team Cap for meets
Please put your name on all of your belongings and equipment with a permanent marker!
Swimmers will also need to purchase a racing suit. Racing suits are used solely for that purpose, and are worn much tighter than practice suits to reduce drag. Black is the preferred team color. At a minimum our athletes are expected to compete with the team cap at all USA swimming sanctioned meets.
Speedo is our team suit & equipment provider. We are required to use Speedo products whenever possible. Please see the links in Team Store for ordering equipment.