Cruisin' Crocodiles (Minimum Age 9)
Fall Schedule (Begins August 21st, 2017) 5:30pm-6:30pm
4 days, M-T-TH-F. 1 hour practice
Summer Schedule (June 12th - August 16th) 8 am-9 am
Must successfully pass Mighty Gator promotional goals and have proper equipment prior to first day of practice. (See equipment list below)
Cruisin' Crocodiles will swim 1500 yards daily. Similar to Mighty Gators, this group is for the older swimmers who are physically and mentally mature enough to do more yardage and conditioning. Swimmers move into this group to increase their level of conditioning and are also introduced to racing techniques, pace clock and basic rules of swimming. There is a balance between stroke mechanics, conditioning and fun at this level.
- Emphasis on refinement of all aspects of swimming and swim meet preparation
- Reinforcement of proper technique in conjunction with training
- Introduction to race strategy
- Sets in this group include: 10 x 50 kick on 1:30, 10 x 50 Free on 1:15
- Participation in one meet per month is recommended
Swimmers in this group strive to reach these goals for consideration to be moved up to the next group.
Must know how to read the pace clock.
75% monthly attendance must be achieved in order to be considered for promotion.
- 500 yards of Freestyle with flip turns
- 300 yards of Backstroke with flip turns
- 50 yards of legal Breaststroke
- 50 yards of legal Butterfly
*All skills should be performed with the correct streamlines off each wall using dolphin kick and flutter kicking. Breaststroke should be performed with proper pull down.
- 10 x 100 Flutter kick on 2:40
- 10 x 100 Free on 2:15
- 5 x 100 IM on 2:30
Swimmers must have the following equipment prior to their first day of practice.
- 2 pairs of goggles (fitted and ready to use)
- Sporti fins or specific equivalent
- Practice swim caps (at least 2)
- Mesh equipment bag (keeps equipment together, dry and ready for use)
- 1 competitive style practice swim suit (no beach shorts)
- Team Cap for meets
Please put your name on all of your belongings and equipment with a permanent marker!
Swimmers will also need to purchase a racing suit. Racing suits are used solely for that purpose, and are worn much tighter than practice suits to reduce drag. Black is the preferred team color. At a minimum our athletes are expected to compete with the team cap at all USA swimming sanctioned meets.
Speedo is our team suit & equipment provider. We are required to use Speedo products whenever possible. Please see the links in Team Store for ordering equipment.