16th Annual “Bridge-to-Bridge” Swim Races and
Middle Atlantic Open Water Championship
Saturday, June 28, 2014 - Atlantic City, NJ
This plan is based on the viability of continuing the race in a manner not originally prescribed, and still be able to be held in a safe and reasonable fashion.
- Communications: Key Officials will have cell phones as backup to the city radios, although the city has backups to their city wide system.
- Course adjustment: The length of the events, especially the 5K can be shortened in the event some unexpected situation necessitates our doing so. Some of those factors which would cause such adjustments: Strong winds blowing buoys off course and a need to use human resources to contain them. This would cause a depletion of water craft and volunteers. Water temperature exceeding 31C° would require a reduction in the distance of the 5K.
- Unexpected turn out of swimmers for any event can be minimized by running the women and male swimmers in separate events.
- The start/finish platform can be moved at any time between events. It is a free floating, self-contained unit.
- Additional safety vessels can be secured through the Atlantic City Beach Patrol.
- In extreme weather conditions, the on-site boat house is a two story facility that can provide shelter for everyone on site.