|Guide For Lesson Parents
- Students are to enter the pool area through appropriate locker room. Street shoes are NOT permitted on the pool deck. We will direct your child from the locker room door to their lesson group. Only young students with an opposite sex parent present should access the pool through the double glass doors.
- NEW - All students must shower before entering the pool as required by the NJ Bathing Code. Do not apply lotions or sunscreens before entering our indoor pool!
- Parents & other spectators are NOT permitted on the pool deck. Spectators can observe from the balcony seating area which is accessible using the stairs in the hallway. (Speak to a staff member if you require the use of the lift to access the balcony area.) Please remain seated in the balcony and DO NOT call over the balcony to your child. This is very distracting to the students & the instructors.
- Parents MUST remain in the building during lessons. Do not drop your child off at the door and leave to do errands.
- If your child needs to use the bathroom, you may meet him or her in the respective locker room, and then send him/her back out to the pool deck via door on the other side of the showers.
- There can be no opposite sexes ages 4 & older in the locker rooms. NO EXCEPTIONS. This is a Peddie School facility, and there are high school age students in the locker rooms all the time. You may NOT be changing your 5 year old son in the women’s locker rooms, and vice versa.
- There are NO REFUNDS OR MAKE-UPS for cancelations that are out of our control, such as snow, ice, thunder, etc. See our Thunderstorm Procedures. If there is a cancelation that we can control (pool problems, or instructor issues), we will either make-up the class or give you a credit.
- ANY requests for changes in class day/time/session/instructor/etc once you have registered will be charged a $25 change fee, which will be posted to your credit card on file.
- If we must move your child down to a lower level once the session begins, you will be charged a $25 change fee to your credit card on file. To avoid this fee, read the Class Descriptions carefully, attend a FREE Lesson Evaluation, and/or current families should follow the steps outlined in the Curriculum Tracking when registering.
- There are NO REFUNDS OR CREDITS for the classes once you have registered for any reason. We cannot refund/credit money due to illness, injury, or vacations.
- There are NO MAKE-UPS for missed classes for any reason (illness, injury, vacation, etc.) Our staff is paid to be here, even if your child is not here.
- Peddie Staff may take photographs during lessons to be used for promotional and/or advertising purposes, however names of our students will not be published. If you do not wish your child to be photographed, please notify the Peddie Swim School in writing.
- All parking for lessons is in the Athletic Center parking lot which has 300+ spaces. Do not park in front of the building or along the median. Handicapped spaces are available for those with valid handicapped tags only.
- PLEASE REMEMBER THAT YOUR CHILD AND THE INSTRUCTOR ARE DOING THEIR BEST. SOME CHILDREN LEARN AT A SLOWER RATE. THE MOST BENEFICIAL TIP FOR SWIMMING IS TO RELAX AND HAVE FUN. TRY TO GET THIS ACROSS TO YOUR CHILD EVERY TIME YOU COME FOR LESSONS!
- Please remember that we use the Peddie School’s facility. Please respect the facility, it’s employees, and the students when you are here. Any vandalism or improper behavior will result in removal from the program.
- If you have a concern or question about the lesson program, or an instructor, please address these issues to the Aquatics Director, Beth Bright at 609-944-7564 or Aquatics@peddie.org. You can also email the Lesson Coordinator, Corina Simms at email@example.com.