What is a Master's Swimming Club?
Masters is a term used for Adult Swimming or more precisely a Master's Swim Club provides a place for Swimmers to swim in an organized environment that are 18 years or older.
Master's Swim Clubs are under the guidance and protection from United States Masters Swimming, (USMS). SCSC is a member of USMS, and, all our swimmers must also join USMS for our liability protection.
Santa Clara Swim Club Adult Swim Program is a member of United States Masters Swimming (USMS).
* We offer coached workouts for adults aged 18 and over and is in season all year round program.
* SCSC Master's Club Membership has lanes for Member lap swim during most "work out time slots".
* Our program features 3 Workout Types : Beginner (Instructional Work Out), Intermediate (Base Work Out), and Advanced (Gold Elite).
* Member Lap Swim lanes are usually available during all work out time slots except the lunchtime work outs.
* SCSC also offers Adult Lessons managed under the Learn To Swim Program for those with no prior swimming experience or are wanting group or private stroke lessons.
Want to Join and Swim today?
How to Proceed
First, complete a Pre-registration record within this web site to join the SCSC Masters Program. (Please ignore volunteer hour and age group "agree" selections but do check each box off, they do not matter for Masters Swimmers except for (1) your agreement to liability issue).
First Month charges are billed at Pre-Registration time but your data record is still in our Pre-Registration Database you will not have official access to your data until we manage your record. Movement of your Pre-registration record into our Official Roster usually occurs within a few days. However, Once you've completed a Pre-Registration record, you can show up to any Master's Time Slot. Tell the coach on deck you are new and pre-registered.
If you have not also joined USMS yet, you can ask the coach for a one month waiver from USMS that covers your insurance liability. After one month, and you wish to continue swimming with SCSC Masters, you must officially join USMS. Go to USMS.org to Join United States Masters Swimming; $54/year, covers your liability.
Your pre-registration record will be moved into our database within 3-5 days after you've entered your data.
Once your first month is completed, your billing will be the 1st of each month at the regular rate.
We use a monthly schedule, thus, your first month is the month you start within the first 20 days of the month. Those starting on the 21st of a month, their first month would be the following month.
First Month is a one month special price of $40.00
TO QUIT THE PROGRAM
To quit or program at anytime, please forward an email to Coach Gary at firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Cancel membership policy: please inform us at least 5 days prior to month end)
* Masters swimmers come and go within a work out, we realize you all have schedules, there is no requirement to make every yard, nor every stroke. Join a Work Out or You can elect do your laps at your convenience. Many wander in late, many leave early.
4 RULES OF SCSC MASTERS
1. Must be Registered with USMS for the current year - if you are not registered with USMS we cannot allow you to swim for insurance reasons.
2. Must pay a fee for swimming by either Monthly/Yearly Registration directly with the SC Swim Club, or PAY the DROP IN FEE of $10.00 per swim.
3. Proper Lane Etiquette is a must in the pool.
4. Only swim during Masters Hours; if you are uncertain, ask the front desk, or look for someone in a red sweatshirt or red t-shirt labeled "Safety Coordinator". and they will advise if it is okay to proceed without a coach on deck. If no coach, please wait, or ask the coordinator.
We reserve the right to refuse access to the facility if these rules are not followed.
click graphic to Join
**TRY OUR PROGRAM FOR SPECIAL FIRST MONTH RATE of $40. After end of trial period regular rates apply. Your account will be billed automatically on the first of each month. Add your spouse and receive $5 off their monthly membership!
click a graphic to register
If you have further questions in learning more about the program and/or signing up please contact:
Adult Fitness Manager: Gary Mitchell