Open Water Swimming
This page is for all open water events coming into the PNS Office. Some will be sanctioned USA Swimming events from various LSCs, some will be local non sanctioned open water events. PNS sanctioned events will also be listed on the Meets page and the PNS calendar. Anyone wanting to add OW activities to the schedule should send the information to the Senior Vice Chair firstname.lastname@example.org
Open Water Swimming Committee: Coordinate and develop Open Water program policies and positions in support of the Senior Vice Chair.
9/17/20: West Coast Open Water Championship 2020 [click link for Meet Information]
A few important items (please read thoroughly):
- We are limited to no more than 50 athletes in a race, per local restrictions. Entries will be accepted first come, first serve beginning Friday, September 18 at 9:00am PST via Online Meet Entry. All entries received will be notified of their status for the race. THIS EVENT WILL FILL UP FAST! The entry deadline is Thursday, October 8 at 11:59pm PST for events that do not reach the 50 athlete cap.
- In order to have the proper event eligibility, we created separate OME pages for each race/division. Please double check that you are entering the intended race when completing the OME.
- TeamManager Event Files are attached for eligibility report purposes only:
- One file is to check eligibility through the 800m/1000y events
- One file is to check eligibility through the 1500m/1650y events
- If using these files on TeamUnify, you will need to edit the file and change the distances of each race to the corresponding eligibility event distance (1500 or 800)
- Entry fees can be mailed in advance or paid via check/cash on race day. Payment through OME is not available.
- Once entries are finalized, we will publish official race day schedules with check-in times, start lists, meetings, and race start times. The race day schedules in the Race Information file are extremely tentative!
- Specific procedures about check-in, warm up, technical meetings, and the actual races will be published the week of the event.
- All coaches and athletes must have a COVID Waiver on file to be turned in at check-in. We encourage you all to sign ahead of time, but we will have blank copies at race check-in.
- If you participated in the September event, we ask that you fill out another waiver for our records.
- Please have your families read the Safety Sections of the meet form. Families must plan to be in & out for their races only so we can cycle the next group into the venue with minimal overlap. Lake Las Vegas mandated families have 1 spectator/swimmer at each race. Please abide by these rules, it is for the safety of everyone in attendance. Thank you in advance!
- We are still determining which section of Lake Las Vegas we will be holding the races in. You will see in the attached maps that we have an Option A (southern section), or an Option B (northern section). We will publish which location we will be competing in as soon as it is final. More detailed course information will follow when that decision is made.
- Mike Murphy (email@example.com) will be our Meet Ref. Please contact him with any questions about officiating the races or the meet format itself.
- We highly recommend staying at the Hilton Lake Las Vegas with your families and taking advantage of our group rate. The hotel overlooks the southern part of Lake Las Vegas and is connected to the beautiful shopping and restaurant portion of the canal. Our group rate expires Friday, October 2.
The Sandpipers and Lake Las Vegas are very excited to host you all. Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.
Coach Michael Kinross
Sandpipers of Nevada
Open Water Coordinator - Western Zone