AGE GROUP 3/4 (AG3/4)_____________________________
I have been an Aquaduck as long as I can remember. I started swimming with the team when it was first created. I chose the color silver and let my oldest brother choose purple. I was six and there were a couple hundred rubber ducks in the backyard where my mom taught. We had to be Ducks!
I am currently in the Senior group and am a senior at Petaluma High School. I love to swim and have had the chance to do some pretty amazing swims in the pool and in the bay. When I was 10 I swam from the Golden Gate to the Bay Bridge. My best events in the pool are the 500 free and the 100 breast.
I am really excited to be the first coach to many of the swimmers just starting out on our team. I hope to give them the best start ever!
- 50 Yards of uninterrupted freestyle with head in neutral position throughout
- 50 yards of backstroke with head in neutral position and proper use of backstroke flags
- 50 yards of breaststroke using a two hand touch and stroking with a glide
- 25 yards of butterfly with fins
- Race start from the pool's edge, following USA Swimming whistle commands
- Attempts flip turns, both front and back
- Understands group send-off and starts in the proper group
- Attends 2-3 practices per week
- Has attended a Westside Intersquad meet
- All AG3 requirements listed above
- Use of a breaststroke pull-down
- 25 yards of legal butterfly
- Flip turns are fluid and legal
- Understands and uses the 5 second group send off
- Has attended a USA Swimming competition
- Attends 3-4 practices per week
The AG3/4 group will still focus predominantly on technique, but will also introduce more endurance work, as well as race strategy and pacing. Clockwork is introduced in this group. Swimmers in AG3/4 are expected to attend the team C/B/A+ meets on the team's events calendar and will be encouraged to race in a wide variety of events. AG3 swimmers will train for 75 minutes AG4 swimmers will have one practice each week that will extend to 90 minutes, preparing them for the eventual move to the Purple group.
The printable current Standard Practice Schedule is available on our Calendar page. Be sure and note the effective date.
Goggles, fins, swim caps (for swimmers with hair beyond their ears), swimsuits. To see more about each item, see our Equipment page.
All equipment available in our online SwimOutlet affiliate shop!