The Silver Group
Coach Marie began her swimming career right here in Zone 3, as part of Indian Valley Aquatics, Novato. As an 8 & under she then came to Petaluma Swim Club and swam through her high school years for our Petaluma team.
After high school, Marie swam two years for the SRJC women's team, which won the state title both years she was there. Her final year of swimming was done representing the UCSC (Santa Cruz) team. Since that time, she has been teaching and coaching swimming and sharing her love for the water and for the sport with Petaluma's young inspired athletes.
- Completion of a 400 IM in a USA competition without a disqualification
- 6 x 100 freestyle on 1:30
- Swimmer will acknowledge the conflict created with multiple sport commitments and should be working towards selecting a sport to fully commit to
- No seasonal swimming. This is a training group preparing athletes for upper level competition
- Attends monthly 2-day USA competitions
- Attends a minimum of 4 practices per week
- In the opinion of the coach, has the emotional and physical maturity to handle the commitment and work load demanded in this group.
This high level training group will swim 5x week for 120 minutes and will be introduced to dryland training, including running, stretching, circuit training, and medicine ball training. Silver swimmers will be expected to attend the team C/B/A+ meets on the events calendar as well as any championship meets qualified for .
The printable current Standard Practice Schedule is available on our Calendar page. Be sure and note the effective date.
Goggles, fins, swim caps (for swimmers with hair beyond their ears), swimsuits. To see more about each item, see our Equipment page.
All equipment available in our online SwimOutlet affiliate shop!