Please contact Carolyn Kotarski, Officials Chair, with any questions or concerns.
Latest News and Information
The online registration for NEW OFFICIALS is available now. Click HERE to register. All apprentice officials must be registered with USA Swimming before any on deck training can begin. Re-registrations for Officials with 2015 registrations will begin November 1.
Letter from Officials Chair Regarding Upcoming Officials Clinics 9/24/2015:
Hello York Parents!
The 2015-2016 Swim Season begins this weekend. Now is the time to consider training to become a certified Potomac Valley (PVS) Official. The first step in this process is to attend a clinic. Often, the clinics are scheduled during meets, so they are very convenient to attend.
Here are the upcoming clinics scheduled in our area:
MAKO Fall Invitational (George Mason University)
Saturday, September 26:
- Stroke & Turn, 8:00-10:30am
- Chief Judge, 10:30am-12:30pm (requires 2 years as a Stroke & Turn)
Harvest Moon Invitational (Herndon Community Center)
Saturday, October 10:
- Starter, 8:00-10:00am (requires Stroke & Turn for 1 year)
- Stroke & Turn, 10:00am-12:30pm
- Chief Judge, 1:00-3:00pm (requires 2 years as a Stroke & Turn)
- Stroke & Turn (Recertification only), 3:00-5:00pm
Sunday, October 11:
- Colorado Timing System Operator, 9:00-11:00am
- Hy-Tek Computer Operator, NOON-2:00pm
- Administrative Official, 2:30-4:30pm (requires Hy-Tek for 1 year)
In addition, PVS offers some ONLINE Clinics. These require Pre-Registration.
Wednesday, October 7
- Stroke & Turn, 7:00-9:30pm. Click HERE to register.
For more information on other clinics, including more ONLINE clinics, please refer to the 2015-2016 PVS Officials Training Schedule
Please let me know if you have any questions.
September 5, 2015
It's time to check the expiration dates of your certification. If you If you do not know the expiration dates, refer to your DECK PASS or the Officials Tracking System (OTS) http://www.usaswimming.org/DesktopDefault.aspx?TabId=1516&Alias=Rainbow&Lang=en
If your Athlete Protection Training expires 12/31/2015, you can take the renewal course online now: http://www.usaswimming.org/DesktopDefault.aspx?TabId=2193&Alias=Rainbow&Lang=en
HOW TO BECOME A PVS OFFICIAL: This is an PDF file with interactive bookmarks and links. Downloading this document to your computer provides the best user interface.
PVS Officials Page:
ARCHIVED NOTES FROM OFFICIALS CHAIR:
Welcome Letter, 9/5/2015