Swimming is a very popular and fun sport in our area. Meets fill up quickly and this can make it frustrating for swimmers who like seeing their times and improvement, and are reaching for Junior Olympic Qualifying Times. Members should sign-up for the events requested by the coach when the 1st announcement email from the team is received.
This process will take about 10 minutes the 1st time, but only 2 minutes every time after.
Step-by-step how-to-enter a meet
ALL Members should sign up with the online meet entries service. This service allows members to review past swim times and enter upcoming meets. The meet entry service at "Swimconnection.com" is a free use site. When asked for team affiliation we are 'CRUZ'.
SwimConnection provides a method to enter swim meets online for select swim meets. Parent and swimmers entering meets can now do this chore easily and accurately at any time, day or night. A swimmer's Best Times are automatically retrieved from our database and converted if necessary to match the course being swum. Confirmation that a swimmer is entered into a meet is immediate, eliminating the uncertainty inherent in mailed entries. Payment over the internet is done by credit card on a page secured with 128 bit encryption, the standard in web security.
Membership is not necessary for someone to use this service, so Online Meet Entries Service is a good service to offer for any meet. SwimConnection currently charges the user a small internet fee to use this service,
For information about SwimConnection providing its Online Meet Entries Service for you, contact omePC@swimconnection.com.
- NOTE: Write down the swimmers details when signing-up at swimconnection. It will create a new swimmer ID if you do not match exact name (including middle). This can be very confusing as the member(you) will have a difficult time finding the swimmer in future efforts. Coach recommended events will be posted only on original ID (additional IDs will be deleted and results may be lost).
USASwimming.org also offers results at USASwimming Times Search
MEMO: MEET ENTRY (Need to Know)
- Athlete must have current Pacific Swimming Registration (click here)
- Coaches will select the meets and sometimes events for each swimmer and send out an email announcing that meet is open. If events for any swimmer are selected by the coaches, it is for a reason, and the swimmer is ready for the challenge.
- Members shall request coach recommended races for 1st competition.
- Members must then sign into their account at Swimconnection.com to pay for the meet. Swimmers are not 'officially' in the meet until entries are paid for at swimconnection.com
- Please be prompt with entires. When a meet reaches maximum capacity entires are closed (this frequently occurs before the entry deadline)
Step-by-Step "Actual Entry In Meets"
Once you have used the above link to create a swimconnection account, here is the easiest way to access entries.
Go to our Meet Schedule link on the team website under "Calendars" tab.
From the list of meets (listed by date) select the "Meet Entry Form" for the meet you wish to enter.
This form may be printed and mailed promptly. Events are listed as are particular details for the meet. Read the form.
Near the top of the Entry Form is "Online Entry" followed by a url link, click-it to link over to Swimconnection website Entry Form (sign-in if not already).
The Entry Form at Swimconnection may already show the coaches recommended events (please enter those specific events, if listed)
Select the appropriate events (usually enter maximum number of events permitted each day), then proceed to payment.
Print receipt and list of entered events (BRING THIS TO THE MEET)