George Block Aquatics Center
7001 Culebra Road
San Antonio, Texas 78238
Aquatics Director: Scott Zolinski
Aquatics Coordinator: Derek Howorth
Aquatics Coordinator: Tony Plummer
Diving Coordinator: Kristin Libardoni
Safety Coordinator: Ron Kontura
Facilities Manager: Kenny Gonzales
View Larger Map
When not hosting competitions, this facility is used for a variety of programs including open/fitness swim, classes in Aquarobics, swim lessons.
- Diving boards
- Depths from 4 ft. to 12 ft.
All children must be potty trained. No diapers or swim diapers allowed.
If you hear a whistle, look at the lifeguards. Lifeguards blow their whistles to get someone's attention—possibly yours. The lifeguards will correct anything that is deemed unsafe or inappropriate.
Walk on the pool deck at all times. The deck is a tile that is always wet and can be extremely slippery.
Always enter feet first. (Diving is only permitted from diving boards.)
An adult must accompany any non-swimming child in the water (even if the child has a flotation device). Hold the child in front of you, not on your shoulders or back.
Stay away from the bulkhead (the bridge that crosses the water). Going underneath it is dangerous; lifeguards’ sight of you can be obscured.
Lap lane lines are for lap swimmers only.
- The diving boards can only be used with permission—always follow the coach or lifeguard’s instructions:
• Non-swimmers may not use the diving
board. Adults may not catch a child off
• Only one person on the board at a
time, including ladder.
• Walk on the boards at all times.
• Only forward dives are permitted.
• Only one bounce permitted.
• Jump straight off the end of the board.
• Look before you leap.
• Swim to the wall in a timely manner.
• Lap lanes are for lap swimmers only.