BASS SWIM TEAM REGULATIONS
We are incredibly lucky to have the facility at Woodberry as our home pool, to that end, please keep in mind the following guidelines.
- BASS auto decal must be affixed on the driver’s side window of each family car that enters Woodberry Forest grounds.
- Driving & Parking: Please drive in a safe manner on the Woodberry grounds. Obey the posted speed limit. Park in the first lot that you come to at the Barbee Center. Follow the sidewalk to the appropriate entrance. Do not walk on the grass.
- When in the lobby of the Barbee Center:
- Food, beverages (except water), and smoking are not allowed in the building.
- All swimmers must dress and undress in the assigned locations. Since we share these facilities with others, personal items left in the changing areas are left at your own risk.
- No one is permitted to enter the indoor track area, squash courts, racquetball courts, or kitchen facilities. Parents are welcome to use the chairs and benches provided in the lobby during your child's assigned practice times.
- The outside track is available for use, however, please ensure that social distancing is practiced.
- Outdoor landscaping is to remain undisturbed (no climbing trees, throwing mulch etc.)
- If a sibling is forced to wait on another, please have them bring homework or another quiet activity such as a board game. Running and horseplay are not permitted anywhere at Woodberry. Parents are expected to enforce this rule vigorously.
- All standard safety rules apply within the pool area.
- No weapons are allowed on Woodberry property.
- Swimmers will not use or possess alcohol, tobacco products, or illegal drugs.
- Failure to comply with the Code of Conduct as set forth in this document may result in disciplinary action. Such discipline may include, but may not be limited to:
- Removal from the WFS campus;
- Suspension from practice;
- Disqualification from future meets attendance;
- Financial penalties;
- Dismissal from the team; and/or
- Proceedings for a LSC or USA Swimming National Board of Review.
- Entering and Exiting the Pool: Swimmers are to enter the building from the far left door of the parking lot and proceed down the hall. The Pool is to be entered from the Barbee Center Lobby. Swimmers will exit the pool from the door on the right into the parking lot.
- Parent on Pool Deck: We ask that parents refrain from entering the pool deck. If you need to speak to a coach, please email to schedule a time before or after practice. There will be times throughout the season that we will open the upstairs viewing area so that you can see how your swimmer is progressing. Please be on the lookout for those dates and times.
- COVID-19 Policy: We have posted our COIVD-19 policy on our website under announcements. If you have any questions or need clarification, please reach out to a board member or coach.
SWIMMERS & PARENTS: Please remember that your behavior is a reflection of the BASS swim team.