Vallejo Aquatic Club Masters Program is in it’s 3rd year and offers a unique training opportunity designed specifically for our workout space and our patrons. Qualified USMS registered coaching staff provides workouts easily adaptable to various skill levels and interest. College swimmers in need of “off season” workouts and conditioning as well as Masters swimmer seeking strength and endurance in the water can all utilize the workouts to achieve their pool oriented goals.
What we offer:
- 3 workouts per week will be emailed directly to registered swimmers. Emails will include coaching tips and suggestions on ways to alter the workout for your needs.
- Lane space at Cunningham Pool any hours that VJO has already rented pool space (Monday – Friday from 3:30 to 7:30) for no additional charge. If you intend to lap swim at a different time, GVRD may charge you a lap swim fee.
- Coaching resources are available via email and arrangements can be made to connect with coaches on deck Monday – Friday between 3:30-7:30pm.
- Coaching clinics offered twice a month (one evening, one weekend) for a nominal fee.
What does it cost:
- $20.00 per month through Auto-Pay with VJO will include emailed workouts, lane space and coaching resources.
- $10.00 per coaching clinic, to be paid on deck or added to your auto pay. Arrangements can be made through the VJO treasurer at email@example.com.
- Continued annual registration with United State Masters Swimming (USMS.org) is required for liability and insurance reasons. Swimmers interested in workouts only (no use of pool space at Cunningham pool) can make those arrangements.
Becoming a Masters Swimmer
Individual memberships are $52 for the 2016 calendar year. Each membership includes a subscription to the USMS Swimmer magazine, a national swimming and fitness publication. Membership also includes a supplemental accident insurance policy, borrowing privileges from our video tape library, and the privilege of participating in any of our pool and open water events, clinics and training groups.
You can register online. By registering online you will immediately become a member of Pacific Masters and will immediately obtain your membership number that allows you to enjoy the privileges of membership. You will be eligible to compete in any of the US Masters Swimming events. Pacific Masters alone offers over thirty swimming events during the year. Just go to the USMS Registration website to sign up.
How do we get started:
Register online at to Pacific Masters. Link above. Please email your contact information to vicepresident@vallejoaquatics and you will be included in our email list. A completed ACH debit form must also be submitted to the VJO treasurer. (Form can be mailed or dropped off with a VJO coach Mon. - Fri. 3:30-7:30pm).
Frequently Asked Questions
When can I swim?
Masters swimmers will be offered lane space with Vallejo Aquatic Club Monday – Friday 3:30-7:30 pm. We will do our best to designate the lane closest to the ladder for Masters use. Masters will be notified of VJO schedule changes and additional pool space via email. (Occasional morning or Saturday workouts)
Workouts can be used at ANY pool, ANY time.
What if I don’t understand something in the workout?
Email, text, call the Masters Coach! When you arrive on deck, you may also connect with the VJO coaches for clarification however, be advised, they are conducting age group practice as well.
What if I have pain during or after a workout?
If a drill or technique causes you pain, stop doing it! Follow up with an email to the coach and they can help you adjust for the future to avoid pain. However, this does NOT substitute for medical care of advice. Seek medical attention when appropriate!
What if I am not on auto-pay?
Auto-Pay will be required for inclusion in the email group. If you prefer to send a check, please make arrangements with the VJO treasurer and she will notify the coaching staff to include you in the email.
VJO will require a minimum number of participants in order to continue this program. At least 6 swimmers MUST register for coaching clinics in order for them to take place. If you intend to “bring a friend” to clinic days, they are welcome without USMS registration but will not be included in workout emails.
Coaching clinics dates will be released as soon as approved by GVRD. Those calendars will also be forwarded via email.