LEOPARD SHARKS GROUP
2020 Fall Practice Schedule
*Due to COVID-19 restrictions, swimmers in the Leopard Shark Groups will swim two per lane. .
*All groups’ practice times include a 15 minute line up time at the beginning for symptom checks, temp checks and lane assignments. Groups will line up along the side gate of the pool and then be escorted by their coach to the Main entrance. Please remember there is no shared equipment allowed.
Swimmers must come to practice with their own equipment
Prior COVID-19 Practice Times at Cunningham Pool
6:00-7:30 p.m. (dryland 6-6:30pm)
Coach: Jennifer Thiem
- Advanced level swimmers ages 7-10.
- Able to swim 200 yards Freestyle without stopping and with flip turns
- Able to swim a 100 yard I.M. legally
- Able to streamline kick of all walls
- Able to attend all team designated meets
- Able to attend at least 4 practices per week
- Able to perform a head first dive, flip turn, and open turn
- Increased level of intensity and commitment expected
- Learn a breaststroke pull-out
- To be able to dolphin kick in a streamline past the backstroke flags in Freestyle, backstroke, and Butterfly.
- To be able to swim 500 Freestyle with flip turns and without stopping in 8:30.
- To be able to read the pace clock and use basic intervals.