Meet Bid Procedure and Application
ARTICLE I SWIM CALENDAR
SECTION 1- MEET SCHEDULING COMMITTEE: The meet scheduling Committee shall establish policy regarding scheduling of Snake River Swimming meets and set the meet schedule for approval of the House of Delegates of Snake River Swimming.
The Committee shall consist of the:
- Administrative Vice-Chair, who shall act as Chair of the Committee,
- Technical Planning Chair
- Age Group Vice-Chair
- Senior Vice-Chair
- Coach’s Representative
- Senior Athlete Representative
- Junior Athlete Representative
- General Chair
- Representative from one of the member clubs of Snake River Swimming
This committee will meet after the deadline for Swim Meet Applications and will formulate a schedule for presentation to and acceptance by the House of Delegates of Snake River Swimming. The Admin Vice chair of SRS will compile the bids and present to the meet scheduling committee via email at least one to two weeks prior to the Spring HOD meeting.
SECTION 2 - SUBMISSIONS OF SWIM MEET BIDS:
- SUMMER AND WINTER CHAMPIONSHIPS
- The dates of the Snake River Summer Championship Meet shall be anytime in July and the Winter Championship shall be anytime in February.
- The Summer Championship Meet and the Winter Championship Meet will be awarded two years in advance at the Spring House of Delegates annual meeting. The Championship meets will rotate between Boise, Idaho Falls, and Nampa (in that order) for the Winter meet and Twin Falls will always host the Summer meet.
- Bids to host the championship meets on the established dates shall be submitted in accordance with part B.
- OTHER MEETS
- Bids to host meets for the following calendar year shall be submitted to the Administrative Vice Chair (meet scheduling committee chair) between January 1st and March 1st.
- Bids submitted before January 1st shall be returned, and bids submitted after March 1st shall only be considered after all other timely submitted bids.
- All meet bids are to be submitted on the SRS Meet Bid Application Form located on the SRS website.
- One day meets such as achievement, dual, triangular, or intra-squad meets scheduled after the fall HOD meeting will be scheduled through the sanction chairperson and cannot be held on the same weekend as any previously scheduled meet.
- All invitational or open meets or any meet scheduled to last longer than one day must be approved by the Meet Scheduling Committee at the fall HOD meeting. In special circumstances, these meets can be approved and scheduled on a case by case basis by a vote of the HOD Board of Directors.
MEET BID APPLICATION