MAKO COVID-19 POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
General COVID-19 Information
- We will partner with all of our pool locations to provide a safe environment for our MAKO Family. Please click HERE to review our MAKO COVID-19 Team Protocol.
- If our season is interrupted by unforeseen circumstances due to COVID-19, we will determine at that time how best to make adjustments to the practice schedule.
Practice Guidelines for all locations
- Bring your own equipment. Required gear by group can be found by clicking HERE.
- Swimmers may not enter the building until 10 minutes before their scheduled practice time.
- In addition to the required gear for your practice, please have your swimmer prepared for each practice with a filled water bottle, all swim gear, two pairs of goggles, and two caps. Sharing of equipment is not permitted.
- Arrive in your suit, ready to practice. The locker room facilities are for bathroom use ONLY. At no time will swimmers be allowed to change into/out of bathing suits.
GMU Policies and Procedures - for more specific GMU procedures, please click HERE
- Swimmers may not enter the building until 10 minutes BEFORE their scheduled practice and must leave the building immediately after their practice.
- The locker room and family changing room off of the competition pool will be available for bathroom use only. However, please encourage your swimmer to use the bathroom before coming to practice. Swimmers are NOT allowed to change in the bathrooms, before or after practice.
- Parking Lot “C” is the designated lot for swim teams and all Aquatic & Fitness Center guests. All swimmers should be dropped off and picked up in the designated “drop off/pick up” area of Lot C.
- Swimmers will enter and exit the Aquatic Facility through the front lobby door. However, please do not drop off or pick them up at that location. Any family observed picking up or dropping off their swimmer via the front lobby door will be subject to removal from the team.
- Once swimmers enter the building, they should proceed to the staircase where they will show their bag tag (placed by itself on the front LEFT strap of bag) and their Health Check confirmation to the GMU employee. They will then go downstairs to the pool deck.
- Parents of 10&under swimmers that want to escort their swimmer into the building will need to park their car in the C lot, walk their swimmer up to the front lobby, show the Health Check to the GMU staff, then return back to Lot C.
- Once practice is over, swimmers must put their clothes and shoes on and IMMEDIATELY leave the facility by going up the stairs and exiting through the front lobby.
- Lost and Found will be disposed of nightly, please make sure your swimmers take everything with them.
- Swimmers must have shoes (flip flops, slides, Crocs) on AT ALL TIMES when in the facility.
Please review the above guidelines with your athletes and family. As changes in requirements are provided by the state, CDC, and Dept. of Health, we will adjust accordingly. Please email [email protected] with any questions.
Should we feel anyone is consistently not adhering to these guidelines, they or their family's participation in MAKO activities may be suspended.