At Irish Aquatics, our team of swimmers, coaches and families truly embraces a love of all things swimming. Our coaching staff is dedicated to teaching the fundamentals of the sport and developing each swimmer throughout his or her career. Every member is valued and supported at every level and every member makes a difference. We strive to create a safe and positive learning environment in the pool where swimmers become dedicated, independent and goal oriented individuals who come together for the common interests of the team.
As a team, we fight to challenge ourselves in the pool and to do our best every time. As individuals, we fight for our beliefs and for others in our community. We encourage and motivate our swimmers are proud of their accomplishments, both in and out of the pool- our classroom for teaching the skills required for swimming and life.
We understand that winning is much more than coming in first place, and we are committed to helping each individual grow in skill, character and physical development. We believe that our swimmers should celebrate every win, whether learning a new stroke or qualifying for a championship meet. As a team, we celebrate our milestones and support each other in all ways possible to achieve those "wins." Our top priority is to make each swimmer a champion in all endeavors. Across all groups, we strive to instill confidence, knowledge and strength in our members so that these pillars of character can be carried throughout life.
At Irish Aquatics, we are very proud of what our swimmers have achieved! From our most senior swimmers to our newest, here are just some of the recent highlights:
- Four swimmers continued their swimming careers at Purdue University, University of St. Francis, Saginaw Valley State University and Olivet College
- Three swimmers attended Indiana’s Senior Olympic Development Camp in Arizona
- Multiple swimmers made the podium at the 2015 Indiana Swimming Long Course Senior and Age Group State Meets and the USA Swimming Futures Championship Meet
- NISCA All American and MHSAA Boys DI State Champion in the 500 freestyle
- Multiple swimmers made the Central Zone Meet in Topeka, Kansas
- High point winner in the 11-12 girls age group at the Indiana Swimming Long Course Age Group State Meet
- Meet record and Indiana Association Record in the 11-12 girls 200 meter fly
- Central Zone Champion in the 11-12 girls 400 free
- Multiple top 8 relay finishes at the Indiana Swimming Long Course Senior and Age Group State Meets
- Three-time Open Water State Champion
- Every swimmer at the 2015 Indiana Swimming Summer Divisional Championship Meet made the podium at least once
- Co-hosted the 2015 Indiana Swimming Short Course Senior State Meet
IA is a non profit club, is run by its elected Board of Directors and Parent Advisory Board which meets each month. All members are welcome at each meeting and encouraged to be involved in team activities and fundraisers. We are constantly growing and training young swimmers to maintain a well-rounded competitive swim team through short course and long course programs.
Matt Dorsch, Head Coach - Senior/Gold Groups
Brian Heintzberger, Assistant Coach - Gold/Senior Groups
Walter Osorio, Assistant Coach - Silver Group
Crystal Aboukhaled, Assistant Coach - Bronze Group
Click here to read more about our coaches
Parent Board of Directors
Wendy Chapman, President
Jen Craig, Secretary
David Pruitt, Treasurer
Matt Tallman, Head Coach, Notre Dame Men's Team
Tim Welsh, Head Coach, Notre Dame Women's Team
The Spaldings have been involved with IA since its formation in 2001 and have been instrumental in its success. Andy has spent 9 years on the board, spending some of that time as president and meet director. Andy currently has a high school swimmer and a college swimmer.
Chris has been swimming as long as he can remember and is now a great enthusiast and advocate for Irish Aquatics. Chris has three children swimming with IA, and you often can catch him in the water assisting with practices. This is Chris's third year on the board.
Carol's twins have been swimming for IA since 2008 and are currently high school juniors. Carol has been on the board for 5 years and spent 4 of those as president.