Officiating at Sectional and Zone Meets
As a general reminder, if a Speedo Championship Sectional Meet is to offer National Championship officiating opportunities, the Sectional Meet Referee will be determined by a committee comprised of the Meet Host, the host LSC Official's Chair and the Zone Officials Chair.
Once the Meet Referee has been determined, the remaining assigned team members (administrative referee, deck referees, starters, and chief judges) will be determined by the Meet Referee, with the concurrence of the LSC Officials Chairman, and the Zone Officials Chair.
In case there is any confusion, I wanted to clarify a few items about officiating at Sectionals:
To work a sectional meet, you do NOT need to be evaluated for an N2 or N3 position; however, that opportunity is normally available at this meet, if you want it.
- For a sectional meets you are not required to turn in an application to officiate prior to the deadline to work as a stroke and turn judge. Only those who wish to be assigned as an Admin Ref, Deck Ref, Starter or Chief Judge need to send in the application prior to the deadline. If you wish to work at stroke and turn, you can just report to the Meet Referee when you arrive at the pool.
- We also understand that a stroke and turn official may not know which sessions he/she will be able to work. However, if you do know, it would be helpful to let the meet referee know in advance. Accordingly, we would appreciate you filling out an application and indicate which sessions you can work or send me an email with the same information.
If you have any questions regarding officiating at Southern Zone meets please contact me:
Southern Zone Officials Chair
- OFFICIALS - Application to Officiate at Spring Sectional Meets. Click here.
- OFFICIALS - Application to Officiate at Eastern Age Group Sectional Meet. Click here.
- OFFICIALS - Application to Officiate at Summer Sectional Meets. Click here.
- OFFICIALS - Application to Officiate at Age Group Zone Meet. Click here.
- OFFICIALS - Application to Officiate at Senior Zone Meet. Click here.