The Fort Hood Area Masters (FHAM) is a registered United States Masters Swim (USMS) Team.
FORT HOOD AREA MASTERS’ SWIM TEAM
OFFICIALLY UP AND RUNNING!!!
FOR AGES 18+ ALL SKILL ABILITIES WELCOME
**Join our FACEBOOK GROUP! ***
WHAT IS "MASTERS"?
- The title "Masters" can be deceiving - we welcome swimmers of all capabilities, from brand-new beginners to life-long swimmers.
- U.S. Masters Swimming (USMS) is a national organization that provides organized workouts, competitions, clinics and workshops for adults aged 18 and over. Programs are open to all adult swimmers of all levels (fitness, triathelete, competitive, and non-competitive) who are dedicated to improving their fitness through swimming.
- All USMS programs are designed to help swimmers improve fitness and/or train for specific goals, and offer active support for a healthy lifestyle through friendship, and camaraderie
- We need someone from the Master's program to volunteer to be the Master's President. Responsibilities would include working with myself, the Dolphins board and the Abrams/MWR staff to keep the Master's program running. If you have questions or would like to volunteer in any capacity (many hands makes light work!), email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We are also looking for a full-time Master's coach so if you know anyone that is interested please have them apply at the same email address. If a soldier wanted to volunteer, I think that this could potentially be counted for MOVSM hours, but I am not 100% sure. My intention was always to have Master's run separately from the Dolphins as our schedule becomes pretty crazy as the competition season approaches, so if you are capable of stepping up to help keep this program running, that would be awesome! Looking forward to seeing y'all at the pool!
- Tuesdays and Thursdays - 7:00-8:00 PM
- STARTING 9/17 - Saturday Morning - 9:00-1:00 AM
- Tuesday practices will be coached (FHD coaches on rotation - Coach Ali, Coach Mary, Coach Glenda, Coach Tracey, Coach Anne)
- Thursday practices will be an un-coached workout - FHD coaches will write a workout on the whiteboard and y'all will do it together at the group's pace. Work together and Swim Strong!
- Saturday practices will be semi-coached as age group swimmers will take priority. Coaches will be available to answer questions and provide the workout but coaches' main focus will be on the kids.
- All FHAM practices will be located at Abrams Gym Pool unless otherwise stated.
HOW TO REGISTER:
- 1) Register with USMS - Link found HERE
If you are previously USMS registered you can update your old ID.
Everyone else will need to create a new ID. We are in the South Texas LMSC and club "Fort Hood Area Masters". *please print your registration card and bring it to practice with you!*
For insurance purposes, everyone will need to be USMS registered prior to practicing with our group.
- 2) Complete FHAM Team registration form found HERE
- Download, print, and fill out form.
- Turn into a coach at Tuesday practices or leave in the black mailbox on the side of the wooden locker in the gear room.
- 3) Pay Monthly Dues - Starting September 1, 2016
- Monthly dues are $25 / Month and cover all FHAM practices.
- Checks/Money Orders should be made out to FHD or Fort Hood Dolphins. We do not accept cash or credit card payments.
- Please place dues in the black mailbox on the side of the wooden closet in the gear room on or before the 1st of each month. Dues are considered late after the 5th of each month and a $5 late fee will be charged to late payments.
- 4) HAVE FUN, SWIM STRONG!!!