Olney Mill Otters Pre-Team!
The Olney Mill Pre-Team is a fun, exciting, team-spirited, developmental pre-cursor program for those swimmers who are interested in learning the fundamentals of swimming (and moving up into the ranks of the OM Otter Pack)! These swimmers should be able to float, swim an elementary stoke either under or on the water (doggie paddle is acceptable), and be comfortable in the water.
2018 Pre-Team Evaluations
Sunday, June 10th @9:00 a.m.
Swimmers will be required to demonstrate their willingness to get in the water, follow verbal directions, and swim an elementary stroke.
Evaluations will be supervised by the Swim Team Coach and Junior Coaches
Coaches will discuss placement at the conclusion of the evaluation.
The first pre-team practice will be held on Monday, June 18, 2018, in tandem with Swim Team Practice. Pre-team swimmers will practice every weekday morning from
9:30 - 10:30 a.m. (on Fridays, practice will end at 10:00 a.m.)
- Pre-Teamers will be encouraged to swim the Annual Olney Mill Popsicle Mini Meet in July!
- We are planning at least one Mini Meet for our preteam to include our B Meet pools and local Olney area pools as well!
- Coaches will determine if pre-teamer demonstrates the ability and maturity to compete in “B” meets throughout the Swim Team Season.
Swim Team Events
- Pre-Teamers are always invited and encouraged to attend all Olney Mill Swim Team events. Families are welcome to attend all swim team family events.
- Parents are to remain in the grassy areas or under the pavilion during practices. Only coaches and swimmers are allowed on the deck during practices. Please plan to drop your pre-teamer off and find a table in the grass or under the pavilion to sit at if you plan to stay.
- The baby pool and baby pool area are CLOSED during practices.
- Please address personal issues with the coaches at the END OF practices, by email, or speak with a team rep.