The Columbia Gorge Masters is a group of swimmers from the Columbia River Gorge in Northwest Oregon/Southwest Washington. We swim at the Hood River Valley Aquatic Center and our team is a branch of the Hood River Valley Swim Team. We are a part of Oregon Masters Swimming, which is a Local Masters Swimming Club (LMSC) in the Northwest Zone of the United States Masters Swimming (USMS). Oregon Masters Swimming promotes lifelong fitness and fun by offering organized swimming for adults of all ages and ability levels. They offer a variety of activities including swimming clinics, pool competition and open water swimming.
- 100% swim for fitness and camaraderie.
- 85% have never been in a structured training program.
- Only 15-20% have had prior competitive swimming experience.
- Most swim 3-4 times per week.
- People join because of the personal attention, experience and motivation they receive from a coach and from swimming with a group
By registering with OMS, you are joining 43,000 other adults across the country ages 18 to 100+ who are members of U.S. Masters Swimming (USMS). OMS is a non-profit organization run by volunteers. The OMS and USMS registration year is from Jan. 1 to Dec. 31. Your $60.00 annual registration fee includes membership in both USMS and OMS.
Registering for the Columbia Gorge Masters is easy also - just click here to find our registration page.
Benefits of Membership in OMS
- Regularly scheduled local meets, Zone and National Championships
- Open Water events
- Postal Swims
- Non-competitive fitness programs/swim and social events
- A year’s subscription to USMS SWIMMER, the official national publication of USMS, devoted to all aspects of Masters swimming
- The Aqua Master, the OMS newsletter, published 10 times per year, and the key source of fitness and training articles, meet entry forms, and other news from our organization
Columbia Gorge Masters swim Monday through Friday from 6-7:30am at the Hood River Valley Aquatic Center. To find out more information about Columbia Gorge Masters, hit the contact us button on the main website page. To read the list of Frequently Asked Questions, check out that page HERE.