“Building a Foundation for Future
Who We Are:
Kenora Swimming (KSS) is a non-profit sports organization run by a
volunteer parent executive which directs the financial and
administrative affairs of the club. We hire professional coaches
(Head Coach and part-time assistant coaches), establish a budget,
and set fees and salaries. In addition we organize and take part in
various fundraising activities to help meet our budget needs.
Programs are offered for all levels of swimmers, from novice
pre-competitive levels (Junior Sharks) to national level
competitors, and Masters swimmers.
Kenora Swimming believes that competitive swimming is an ideal
environment to develop both an athletes' character and
potential. Our club is athlete focused, professionally led and
parent supported, committed to having swimmers achieve their full
potential in and out of the pool.Â We use the sport of
swimming as a way to teach goal setting, dedication, commitment and
strong work ethic. Kenora Swimming takes a long term philosophy
approach to swimming. Our club focuses on skill development and
technical components at the younger ages of our program.
Progressing to the competitive groups includes an increased focus
on IM and endurance freestyle training. This philosophy allows our
athletes to become their best in their teenage and college years.
Kenora Swimming provides an opportunity for all athletes ranging in
experience from young beginners to adults to reach their highest
Kenora Swimming aspires to be an outstanding educational-athletic
organization that provides a high quality experience to every
athlete. A high-quality experience is one in which every athlete:
- Is coached using the principles of LTAD and positive coaching
- Enjoys practices and competitions
- Feels like an important part of the team regardless of
- Learns life lessons that have value beyond the swimming
- Learns the skills, and tactics of the sport to improve as a
- Assist the swimmers to achieve their swimming goals and strive
- Increase the team atmosphere and spirit among our competitive
- Encourage parents and guardians to participate in more club
- Improve and update the club’s website and publicity.
- Maintain a healthy and viable swim membership for each of the
Fall, Winter and Spring Sessions
Determined each season
KSS will have members compete in all sanctioned Northwestern
Ontario Regional Swim Meets as well as a number of additional meets
outside of our region. Swimmers from all levels of the club will
have the opportunity to compete at least once in each of the fall,
winter and spring sessions.
Maintain or improve the club’s good financial position and
continue to keep our swim fees reasonable / affordable.
KSS holds two raffles a year in the Spring and Winter with other
fundraising opportunities throughout the year such as Swim-a-thon.
We encourage all members to participate in fundraising and we
strive to sell out each raffle.
Coaching Philosophy and Mission Statement
Our mission is to develop abilities in our young people that will
inspire and empower them to achieve excellence in life through a
positive competitive swimming experience. At Kenora Swimming, we
believe that our sport teaches fundamental life skills that are
invaluable beyond the pool. By molding, teaching, and instructing
our athletes, we aim to develop in them the self-discipline,
personal responsibility, physical fitness, and personal excellence
necessary for success in competitive swimming and beyond.
- Steady, committed, planned progressive training is the only
road to ultimate long-term success.
- Aerobic development and maintenance with proper technique is
the foundation for swimming achievement in all strokes over all
- Communication between coach and swimmer, coach and parent, and
swimmer and parent is vital.